Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 492
Message 1 of 6

W541 Thunderbold/Mini DisplayPort passthrough crash

Hiya.

If I connect a monitor to my W541 mini DisplayPort, I'm able to use multiple monitors- everything works as expected, and the system is stable.

If I connect first a firewire device (I've a few- a Belkin Thunderbolt dock and a Promise Thunderbolt RAID array) and daisy chain the monitor on THAT, I get bluescreens (error often seen is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and no dump file).

The Lenovo supplied driver won't allow Factorio to start, so I've upgraded, but I can demonstrate blue-screens with modern software or the old drivers Lenovo supplies.

Is this a limitation of the Thunderbolt/mini DisplayPort on the W541? That I can only connect a monitor directly to the mini DisplayPort? I've tried Advanced options, reducing the RAM for the Intel card, but always, the NVIDIA drivers error (even when they're not supposed to be "used."). I run the same configuration on my P70 and have no issues related to video on that machine.

djptech
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 441
Message 2 of 6

Re: W541 Thunderbold/Mini DisplayPort passthrough crash

Do you have the latest BIOS Update and Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver installed?

jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 438
Message 3 of 6

I do. I keep hoping that a newer version of drivers/microcode will help things. So far, no luck. Thanks.

djptech
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 433
Message 4 of 6

Is this setting enabled?Capture12.PNG

May be worth changing the devices positions within the chain and testing with this disbled/enabled

jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 409
Message 5 of 6

It is, indeed, and I'm wondering if that's an issue. I'm going to test that.

jdos22
SCSI Port
Views: 375
Message 6 of 6

Still eventually crashes if I plug the DP adapter into the end of a device chain, regardless of driver (ancient Lenovo, modern NVidia).

Thanks anyway. Going to call support and see what they say (have weak hinges, too.).

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors