11-19-2017 01:14 PM
I have a problem that's driving me crazy - hope someone here can help me solve it.
I have a W541 with Windows 10 installed and all updates, including latest feature pack.
My TrackPoint has been behaving very strangely. The below details have proved consistent over 3 OS fresh installations:
- After installation and before any reboots, TrackPoint takes some time to start working (10 - 15 mins), but eventually it works perfectly. Pointer, mouse buttons, middle button, everything works. Mouse control panel shows the TrackPoint checkbox enabled and checked.
- After first reboot, it stops working. Mouse control panel shows the TrackPoint checkbox disabled and unchecked. BIOS configuration shows the TrackPoint should be enabled. No changes after installation of the latest drivers downloaded from the Lenovo support portal.
- In Device Manager, under "Mice and other pointing devices", there is a "Synaptics Pointing Device". When I uninstall the driver for this device, the TrackPoint works, but without the middle button functionality, and no configuration in Control Panel. I am assuming this is Windows trying to interface with the hardware directly via generic drivers. Eventually, the drivers automatically re-install and TrackPoint functionality is lost again.
- The strangest detail of all: while TrackPoint is not working in normal Windows 10 operation, it works if I lock the screen!! Once I login though, it stops working again.
- The above 2 points are confirmation in my eyes that the hardware is perfectly fine - there is a combination of software factors that are disabling TrackPoint from operating.
- TrackPad works just fine all the time. However I'm so used to the TrackPoint that the TrackPad is really such a struggle for me to use in navigation.
I have no idea how to troubleshoot this any further. Help would be enormously appreciated. If anyone has any suggestions to share or information they'd like me to find, I'm more than happy to cooperate.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-19-2017 01:24 PM
Secondary detail which may or may not be relevant - Fingerprint reader didn't work at any time. Drivers are installed, but Windows Hello has always shown fingerprint setup to be disabled.
11-23-2017 03:59 AM - edited 11-23-2017 04:09 AM
I've run out of ideas to try. Hardware is clearly fine, but I can't figure out why it's not working. So frustrating. Is there anyone here who might be able to help?
EDIT: Is there a way to completely remove all the software stack related to the TrackPoint? I've already done "Uninstall Device" with "Delete Driver" multiple times. Is there something additional that could be tried?
06-08-2018 09:28 AM
I am having a similar problem did you ever find a solution. The first time I boot the P40 Yoga after it has been docked to my Onelink+ dock the trackpoint is available on the lock screen but once the desktop is up the trackpoint isn't available. I can restart the machine and everything works perfectly. It is annoying to have to restart before I can get my trackpoint back.