Did you mean: 
Tresuno
Punch Card
Views: 574
Message 1 of 4

W541 - Windows 10 stalls after return from sleep mode

Hi,

yesterday if discovered the following issue:

- I put the machine into sleep mode (did use sleep mode for the first time) when it was docked (just one external screen, lid of laptop closed)

- W541 went into sleep mode (red LED blinking slowly)

- I wake the machine up by pressing power button on my docking station the LED went on continuously and the fan got louder, but no screen output (external screen remained in standby or black)

- after some time I got a Windows 10 blue screen (with QR code) announcing that there was some problem with video or cideo memory

For your info: I use the Advanced Setting for GPU (using NVidia on external monitor).

All drivers are the actual ones release by Lenovo.

Has anyone ever had the same problem or solved that issue?

Lenovo W541, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB, Sierra Wireless EM7345
Sharza
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 2 of 4

Re: W541 - Windows 10 stalls after return from sleep mode

I have the same issue in just about the same configuration.

Have gone to great lengths to try and resolve this, to no avail:

- Various Feature releases of Windows 10 (versions e.g. 1607, 1709, etc).
- Various driver versions (NVidia/Intel/Lenovo Pwr Mgmt).
- Stepping through firmware upgrades for the PC one at a time.
- Problem persists both in/out of dock.
- It is not consistent - sometimes, rarely though, it may wake correctly. This is never the case if monitor configuration changes between sleep/wake though.

I haven't found any solution - if anyone have more clues, I'd be happy to hear them.

Regards
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 248
Message 3 of 4

I would first look in the event log and see if a device is throwing an error

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
KC1911
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 4 of 4

Has anyone resolved this issue?  I just got this laptop and using it with the ultradock.  Advance graphics mode so I could utilize the GPU for some image processing.  I didn't have this sleep issue with intel setting from bios.  From the system portion of the event viewer two things marked up error

1) The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{0358B920-0AC7-461F-98F4-58E32CD89148}
and APPID
{3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

2) The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{0358B920-0AC7-461F-98F4-58E32CD89148}
and APPID
{3EB3C877-1F16-487C-9050-104DBCD66683}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

any help is highly appreciative.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors