Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_glenn
Token Ring
Views: 768
Message 1 of 2

W550s Windows 10 cannot join homegroup, no IPv6

I've upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on my W550s. Now I cannot join or create a homegroup (I do have an existing homegroup). The reported problem is that IPv6 needs to be enabled. Both the WiFi adapter (Intel 7265AC) and ethernet adapter (1218-V) are working and both have IPv6 enabled. Both show that a homegroup is available to join when another computer is turned on, both will show a link to create a new homegroup if no other computers are turned on.  (I cannot remember if this computer was connected to homegroup before the Win 10 upgrade - I don't use homegroup often).

So what to do? I've done plenty of searching for homegroup problems with IPv6 and found nothing that sounds like this. And the Windows homegroup "help wizard" is no help at all. 

dr_glenn
Token Ring
Views: 736
Message 2 of 2

Re: W550s Windows 10 cannot join homegroup, no IPv6

Never mind, I finally found the fix (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/tcpipv6-and-homegroups-tcpipv6...

I found that not all required services were running, so I changed them to Automatic and then manually started them. But that was not enough. The final step was #3 in that post, the DisabledComponents setting. After reboot I was finally able to join my homegroup.

Top Kudoed Authors