Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SATXHunter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,285
Message 1 of 3

W700 Number pad Not working

W700 Windows 7 Pro x64

The full 10 key pad is working.  It does not work if you try to use it to login but right when windows starts, it will work for about 3-4 keystrokes and then stop working.  When it stops working, nothing.  No arrow movement or numbers.

jyarema
What's DOS?
Views: 1,056
Message 2 of 3

Re: W700 Number pad Not working

I noticed the exact same problem.  It seems a little unlikely o both have the same hardware problem, and I'm hoping that it is software related. I've also noticed that clicking the numlock button doesn't seem to register as being hit - normally its indicator next to the caps lock indicator will light up.   Any news out there on possible causes and potential fixes?

dumascon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 547
Message 3 of 3

Re: W700 Number pad Not working

W701 - Win 7 / 64.    My number pad is also not working  (mostly).  This has been the case since purchase, about one year ago (04-2011).  It works as soon as Win 7 starts, but after a short time it no longer functions.  However the Fn + NmLk keys do produce the short-cut to the calculator.  I thought it had to do with sleep mode or hibernation, and if I waited, a new driver would be available, but this is yet to be the case.  Perhaps it is a loose cable connection under the keyboard (?) -  it remains a mystery.  If I discover a solution I will post back here.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors