Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ace34608
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,278
Message 1 of 3

W700 WXGA+ verses WUXGA screen

Can someone please tell me the main differences between my choice of screens for the W700?  My choices are:  WXGA+ 200 NIT which has a resolution of 1440 X 900 or the other choice is the WUXGA 400 NIT with resolution of 1920 X 1200.

I do not understand what 200 vs 400 NIT means?  Please explain.

I do understand the difference I think between the two different resolutions with the 1920 X 1200 being the far superior but there is also a difference of $175.00 with the superior resolution.  I don't mind paying the difference if the picture is that much better but how is it going to be far better?  Please help!!!

Many thanks!

Al

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,254
Message 2 of 3

Re: W700 WXGA+ verses WUXGA screen

NIT is your screen brightness level, so 400 NIT is twice as bright at the max setting as the 200 NIT screen. 
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
antskip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,225
Message 3 of 3

Re: W700 WXGA+ verses WUXGA screen

The WUXGA screen is higher density - i.e. there are more pixels per inch, so any image (whether text or graphical) of the same size on a WUXGA is less pixilated than an equivalent image on a WXGA+. All LCD's are pixilated/digitalized (dotty), as opposed to how things are seen in un-mediated looking (completely analogue), and the more pixels per inch the less pixilated any image looks, all other things being equal. A denser digital image means not only a clearer mage but less work for the eyes (which have to convert pixilated images to "continuous" analogue ones) - as long as the image is the same size on the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors