Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

09-01-2014

Germany

28 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 1 of 2

Wacom Digitizer on W701 and Win 8.1

2014-09-02, 8:23 AM

Hi all,

I've the Lenovo Thinkpad W701 with Windows 8.1.

I installed the current driver (from 2010!!) for Windows 7 and everything works fine for some years.

But now I bought a new Wacom Intuos Pro. After installation of this drivers, the driver of the internal W701-digitizer crashes.

Another problem of the internal W701-Digitizer:

The work with current Adobe Cloud-products makes lot of problems: Photoshop CC uses the pen only with special tricks and Illustrator CC always crashes if the internal Wacom-driver is installed.

At office it's no problem - here I use the external newer Wacom Intuos.

But when travelling, the internal digitizer was a very nice function, which now doesn't work at my W701 since I installed the Intuos-Driver (I had to uninstall it, because it crashes evry time and it wasn't possible to start Adobe Illustrator, which has a problem with this old driver).

So I think, the driver from 2010 is too old and didn't really work under Windows 8.1, has conflicts with newer Wacom-tablets and didn't support current functionality like WIndows Ink (which is necessary for Photoshop and Illustrator).

Therefore my question:

Did anybody know, if there are actual drivers othe then the official offered Lenovo-Driver for the W701-digitizer?

Has anybody other also problems, running the internal W701-digitizer from Wacom together with newer Wacom-Tablets?

Thanks al lot,

Klaus

Answer
Options

12 Posts

09-01-2014

Germany

28 Signins

181 Page Views

Betreff: Wacom Digitizer on W701 and Win 8.1

2014-09-03, 9:44 AM

Thanks to the very good service of Wacom, I've a very good solution:

You can download a current driver under

http://www.wacom.eu/index4.asp?pid=9278&lang=de

This driver works with the Thinkpad W701 digitizer and supports also all current requirements used by adobe.

Using this driver, you can additionally work with another Wacom-tablet (tested: The Intuos Pro) and Adobe Illustrator starts and all Adobe CC-products (Photoshop, Illustrator) are working very good with both digitizers: The Intuos AND the internal W701 Wacom digitizer.

My question: Why doesn't Lenovo also support this good solution on it's driver-site?

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

12 Posts

09-01-2014

Germany

28 Signins

181 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Betreff: Wacom Digitizer on W701 and Win 8.1

2014-09-03, 9:44 AM

Thanks to the very good service of Wacom, I've a very good solution:

You can download a current driver under

http://www.wacom.eu/index4.asp?pid=9278&lang=de

This driver works with the Thinkpad W701 digitizer and supports also all current requirements used by adobe.

Using this driver, you can additionally work with another Wacom-tablet (tested: The Intuos Pro) and Adobe Illustrator starts and all Adobe CC-products (Photoshop, Illustrator) are working very good with both digitizers: The Intuos AND the internal W701 Wacom digitizer.

My question: Why doesn't Lenovo also support this good solution on it's driver-site?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms