cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bazinger
SCSI Port
Views: 611
Message 1 of 6

What are the FN key combos for previous media, next media, toggle media and play media?

What are the FN key combos for previous media, next media, toggle media and play media on the P70? Its got two sets of 4 audio-related keys, but none of these multimedia keys, as far as I can tell.

Bazinger
SCSI Port
Views: 567
Message 2 of 6

Re: What are the FN key combos for previous media, next media, toggle media and play media?

Also, the only info I've found on a related matter is that Lenovo "forgot" to print Brk, SysRq and two other things on the keys, but none of them are multimedia controls.
Former Employee
Views: 515
Message 3 of 6

Re: What are the FN key combos for previous media, next media, toggle media and play media?

Bazinger,

Unfortunately, the P70 ThinkPad does not support audio or multimedia keys.

To find out more about which Special Keys are supported, please download the ThinkPad P70 User Guide and refer to page 23.

Thank you,

microfishd1
Token Ring
Views: 505
Message 4 of 6

I have the same gripe with my P50 laptop.  Other than the missing keys (Pause/Break, IBM's Forward/Backward keys (they worked in Win explorer and MediaPlayerClassic-HomeCinema, not just in browsers), and the special "Enter" key to wake from sleep), I love the keyboard layout--especially the touchpad being off-center overall/centered under the spacebar.

Using the free (and good) program Keymapper.exe (I refuse to call PC software an "app"), I am able to replace any key with any other key (See this article).  It works in Win 7 Pro and (I suppose) Win 10 Pro. 

I personally replaced the "Insert" key with the "Pause/Break" key. 

To map special keys, like the aforementioned "Forward" and "Back" keys, you need something like "AutoHotKey".

I hope this helps!

-----------IBM T40: XP PRO SP3, 14.1" 4:3 display, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB HDD, ThinkLight, DVD.
Lenovo Ideacentre H215: AMD Athlon II X2 215, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64-bit Win7, AMD 760G.
P50 i7, M2000M, 1x16GB RAM, 1080p non-touch, 512GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Backlight, No WWAN, No PWM, No Raid.
Bazinger
SCSI Port
Views: 500
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the information. This is a pretty odd design choice!

Instead of having mute, volume up, volume down and mic mute on the P70 keyboard twice, I would have suggested having them just once, and assigning the standard media functions of play, toggle, next and previous to the other keys (the ones on F1-F4 would be my preference).

Since I use a KDE Linux distro for the most part, I can reassign pretty much any function to any key, so I can deal with this. But as I said, it sure is odd!

Bazinger
SCSI Port
Views: 499
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the tips! AutoHotKey FTW!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors