cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimadler
Paper Tape
Views: 1,209
Message 1 of 3

What is Difference between Lenovo Rescue & Recovery Start Up Disc and Windows 7 System Repair Disc?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Lenovo Rescue & Recovery Start Up Disc and Windows 7 System Repair Disc? One of the very first things I did after receiving my W510 was to create the Lenovo R&R Start Up disc (actually 2 of them in case one doesn't work). Is that the same as the Windows 7 System Repair disc that is recommended to make as well or do they perform separate functions.

Thank you for your time.

Jim

Guru
Views: 1,186
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is Difference between Lenovo Rescue & Recovery Start Up Disc and Windows 7 System Repai

Lenovo Rescue & Recovery Disc allow you to recover your machine back to Lenovo Default Windows 7 image, in case your Windows is corrupted or something went wrong.

Windows 7 System Repair Disc allow you to recover and repair Windows file if something went wrong, you can also do a System Restore when your Windows cannot start up. You can do some advanced configuration with command prompt in Windows 7 System Repair Disc or uses your own Windows Recovery Image files to restore your Windows + files + program, because that will be your custom image files.

Best Regards
Peter

jimadler
Paper Tape
Views: 1,164
Message 3 of 3

Re: What is Difference between Lenovo Rescue & Recovery Start Up Disc and Windows 7 System Repai

Peter, thank you for educating me with the difference. It appears it would behoove me to make a copy of the Windows 7 System Repair Disc as well.

Jim

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors