cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 324
Message 1 of 8

What is the chance of getting a P53 with 4K IPS that has bad backlight bleeding and big gap?

By bad backlight, I mean if you increase the brightness from 2nd lowest, you see ugly backlight. I need to increase the brightness by 4-5 level from the lowest to watch video in the dark. At those level, I see bad backlight bleeding.

By big gap, I mean the LCD lid cannot be closed completely and when the laptop is oriented in a way that the opening is facing the top and the hindge is touching the palm, it forms a V-shape whith big gap in the opening.

ve2mrx
802.11n
Views: 284
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is the chance of getting a P53 with 4K IPS that has bad backlight bleeding and big gap?

I'm puzzled:
Are you asking if someone has precise statistics about how many defective P53 machines are actually sold?

You are asking for something impossible to answer...

Martin
I'm a user, NOT a Lenovo employee. If my post helped, consider giving me a Kudos. If I solved your issue, please mark it as Solved.
P52 I7-8750H P1000 FHD 16GB 512GB-SSD 1TB-HDD
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 280
Message 3 of 8

Re: What is the chance of getting a P53 with 4K IPS that has bad backlight bleeding and big gap?

Is there a poll feature in this forum?

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 241
Message 4 of 8

I try to find a configuration that has lower chance of issues such as backlight bleeding, coil whine, wrobbling bottom, LCD lid with a big gap, etc. Completely waste of time to wait for a few weeks for a machine to come, found some issues and returun/replace.

Highlighted
p600
Broadband 3G
Views: 235
Message 5 of 8

What is the chance of getting a P53 with 4K IPS that has bad backlight bleeding and big gap? 

13.42%

But seriously, you have already settled down on a very particular laptop model from a single vendor, with a very particular display panel, and asking for very subjective characteristics. For these things, a lot more likely depends on the mood of the worker who actually assembled the laptop, and whether it was Monday morning, or Friday afternoon, than on other configuration details. 

If these issues were critically important to me, I'd get 3 non-CTO models with the desired screen, choose the best, return the other two back (if the first one is fine, don't even open the others) ? If none are to my satisfaction, try some other model/screen/vendor.

ve2mrx
802.11n
Views: 213
Message 6 of 8

You know, talking of subjective stuff, I still cannot understand why people pick a 4k display on a 15" laptop... The only valid use case is screen mirroring on a bigger screen!

The eye just cannot see that many pixels 18" away. I DID the calculations, and FHD is good up to about 15" away on a 15" diagonal. Closer you may see individual pixels.

And there is the crazy idea that there won't be performance compromises if you pack so much power in a small box! You are buying a laptop. For real performance, get a desktop?!?

After all, it's not because you can attach parts together that it's a good idea... I might be wrong, I studied in electronics a while ago... ;-)

Martin
I'm a user, NOT a Lenovo employee. If my post helped, consider giving me a Kudos. If I solved your issue, please mark it as Solved.
P52 I7-8750H P1000 FHD 16GB 512GB-SSD 1TB-HDD
Farway
Core Memory
Views: 186
Message 7 of 8

Actually, people differ quite a bit in how much detail they can see. Just a few weeks ago I talked about this with my optometrist. It is not just about being able to focus on the screen, but actually seeing in... lets call it a higher resolution.

But yeah, the hardware options on these laptops are ridiculous. All run into cooling problems. Still people keep buying the models with the biggest numbers.
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 131
Message 8 of 8

That is very true. When I tried a 16" MacBook Pro, I noticed the smaller screen estate. 

It is hard to decide which screen to get. If OLED, I see ugly grids on the screen and battery life is poor. If standard 4K, there is a possibility of poor backlight bleed and a big gap between the LCD and the bottom half of the laptop. Haven't heard from Any about the findings from the engineers. Given the very bad experience in getting a shipping label for a P53 with issues, I try to avoid returning as much as possible but getting a laptop without issue is like lucky draw. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors