Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parvinderdusanj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,900
Message 1 of 3

Windows 10 Drivers for W520 - Bluetooth no longer working

Windows 10 Drivers for W520 - Bluetooth no longer working

I have scoured the forum for a solution to my issue to get my Bluetooth working once again after I installed Windows 10.

Lenovo . . . do you have drivers to enable these machines to work with Windows 10.

Or are those of us that have upgraded to Windows 10. . . now just up sh1t creek without a paddle (or support).

For a customer focussed organisation I find the lack of 'support' not that reassuring.

Thinkpad was once reverred . . . I'm now beginning to seriously question this as no solution is easily identifiable when Win10 has been out quite some time now.

Can some offer some assitance.

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 1,786
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Drivers for W520 - Bluetooth no longer working

I can only offer a suggestion. Since Bluetooth is such an industry-wide communications method, I am sure Microsoft has a driver for every Bluetooth chipset. I would uninstall your current BT driver completely. Then reboot from a cold start (no rapidstart) and let Windows 10 discover the Bluetooth chip and install its MS written driver. The MS driver may not let you take advantages of some special features of your BT chip (if any) but it should work for basic use.
BBRand
Paper Tape
Views: 1,063
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows 10 Drivers for W520 - Bluetooth no longer working

Lenovo has a Driver for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Try installing the 8.1 driver in compatibility mode for 8.1 as Administrator. You will have to do this mannually using the driver.exe file and not from the Device Manager. 

Regards. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors