cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SQ0
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 1 of 2

Windows 7 P50 ThinkPad Missing Specific Bluetooth Drivers?

I have been using one set of Bluetooth headphones (Bose QuietComfort 35) for a few years now, with only minor issues now and then - more annoyances than actual problems. However, I recently got a new pair of headphones (Sony WH-1000XM3), and am having trouble at the driver installation stage. My first pair only install three drivers (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Sink), Audio/Visual Remote Control, and Hands-Free Profile), which always install successfully through Windows Update. My new pair also successfully installs those three, but also seem to require an additional three unknown drivers that always fail, leaving me unable to use the new headphones. They are paired and added under Devices and Printers, but will not connect.

I don't even know which drivers I am supposedly missing. I have tried updating the Bluetooth drivers under the Device Manager, but they are reportedly already up to date. Any advice?

SeniorGuru
Views: 96
Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows 7 P50 ThinkPad Missing Specific Bluetooth Drivers?

How do you know there are three missing drivers?  Did you see something during the automatic attempt to install drivers through Windows Updates which failed with an "X" rather than a checkmark, which tells you there were three driver installs that failed?

If devices needing drivers didn't succeed in automatically getting the needed drivers through Windows Update, that would normally be expected to place those problematic devices in Device Manager in "other devices" with a yellow exclamation mark.  Then, if you right-click on them, go to Properties -> Details tab, and pull down the "Hardware ID" value and COPY/PASTE it in this thread.  That's information which would be necessary to our being able to help you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors