Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eclveland
Paper Tape
Views: 8,103
Message 1 of 13

Won't Wake Up from Sleep (W540)

When I put my laptop to sleep or it sits idle for a period of time and goes to sleep on it's own it stops recognizing the laptop monitor.  It will still display on other monitors connected through the docking station, but not the laptop.  It doesn't matter if I put it to sleep while on the dock or off the dock, it never recognizes the monitor.  

I have an Intel HD Grpahics 4600, and an NVIDIA Quadro K1100M video cards.  I've checked drivers for both and they both say they are up to date (9/29/14 for Intel, and 09/12/2014 for NVIDIA).  I have also updated every possible thing in the Lenovo System Update.

This problem occured after switching from windows 7 to windows 8.1.  I've looked at other similar issues in the forums that seem to revolve around updating drivers to solve the problem, so I've done as much of that as I know how to.

I have also lost the ability to control the brightness of my laptop monitor through my computer at any point in time.  The function keys don't work, and the setting is not shown on my power manager.

If you need additional information just let me know, and any help is much appreciated.

enderk
What's DOS?
Views: 7,948
Message 2 of 13

Re: Won't Wake Up from Sleep (W540)

I am having exactly same problem. Eventualy tried samethings but still cant find any solution.

(installing latest video drivers,lenovo driver updates, fingerprint reader installation...)

Thank you

Ender

eclveland
Paper Tape
Views: 7,960
Message 3 of 13

I actually ended up having to install an OLDER driver.

one of the people on another thread posted this link, and it's the only one that made anything better for me.  I hope it also helps you.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329

gryphmc
What's DOS?
Views: 7,762
Message 4 of 13

I was having the same problem. Installed the older driver from the link and now it wakes up!

numbercruncher
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,920
Message 5 of 13

So I just upgraded my brand new W540 from Win 7 to Win8.1 and I ran into the same issue. Proble is now the 5/21/14 intel graphics driver has been taken down from the Intel driver website

Can anybody tell me where I can get this??

ProbablyAFK
Paper Tape
Views: 6,877
Message 6 of 13

Uninstall in Device Manager the "Intel HD Graphics 4600" Then install this driver. I found this on another forum and it worked for me. Driver version 6.16.00.3137
 . http://www.opendrivers.com/download/driver-167436.html

numbercruncher
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,864
Message 7 of 13

Thanks ProbablyAFK

I tried this but unfortunately my w540 must be an oddball. When I try to install this older driver I get a message that says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Any suggestions?

numbercruncher
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,861
Message 8 of 13

update: I rebooted the machine again and the MS generic display driver loaded. Then I was able to find the driver ProbablyAFK suggested on opendrivers and it installed and fied the problem

Thanks ProbablyAFK!
ztmuzic
What's DOS?
Views: 6,376
Message 9 of 13

This is ABSOLUTELY the correct solution. The original posted link works, you just have to uninstal the current driver first and be sure to restart you computer before installing the new one. I've been searching for this solution for 2 months!

guzuth456
What's DOS?
Views: 6,142
Message 10 of 13

I can confirm, this worked for me too. The intel driver version number is 10.18.10.3958, published 30/09/2014. Unbelievable how Lenovo is unable to solve this!! Lost a week fixing this issue. Very disappointing. Smiley Sad((

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors