Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ragtopgeek
Punch Card
Views: 434
Message 1 of 2

Yet Another W530 Screen/Display Question

I'm looking to acquire a W530 with an FHD Screen. I'm currently using a Lenovo X220 with IPS screen and very happy with the display as far us brightness, crispness, text clarity, contrast, and color rendering.  If I knew the W530 was similar to the X220 as far as display viewing characteristics, I would go ahead and pull the trigger on the W530. (Yes, I know the viewing angles on the IPS are better, but given I always view the screen mostly head-on, the wide viewing angles are not of paramount importance). And I've read the specs on both, but I'd like to hear from folks who have used both.

Any comments?

And just to ask, am I the only one who chooses Thinkpads because of the curved front edge where my wrists typically

rest?  All other laptops have a sharp front edge which doesn't work for ME. That's one of the (many) reasons why I'm

not going with the newer W540.

Thanks so much,

Ragtopgeek

Ragtopgeek
Punch Card
Views: 398
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yet Another W530 Screen/Display Question

UPDATE: After more research, it appears that from mid '13 on, the W530 was fitted with the inferior Auo B156HTN01.1 display, replacing the superior Auo B156HW01 V4 display. More than a few forums have indicated

the the later B156HTN01.1 display is a disappointment, including the "screen door" effect.

So is there anyone out there using a W530 with the Auo B156HTN01.1 display who is happy with it, or better yet, can compare it to the X220 screen, which I'm currently using and content with?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors