Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiwa
What's DOS?
Views: 899
Message 51 of 59

Re: can i configure backlit keyboard on a P51 to be always on

Hi folks.

Searching for information on this issue for the Yoga c930 has inexorably led me to this topic! I was willing to try the solution on this machine but Keyboard_Core.dll does not exist anywhere. I do have Vantage and the toolbar installed and I can toggle the backlight via the toolbar so obviously the capability is there, somehow, it's maybe just a different version of Vantage? Any ideas appreciated. Smiley Happy

JnrJedi
What's DOS?
Views: 825
Message 52 of 59

Can anyone help me work out were I'm going wrong?

Ive downloaded the github contents and inzipped it, but I cant see an installer .exe file anywhere?

dougieshizzle
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 53 of 59

Any updates on an ETA for the next version?  It looks like most of the major issues have been fixed, this is a great project!  Plan to use again once the bug preventing restart/shutdown is resolved.

Chipsaru
Fanfold Paper
Views: 691
Message 54 of 59

Hey, not sure what happened to @JooJooBee666, here are compiled binaries, please use original installer and replace files in C:\Program Files\LBCService with contents from this archive.

dougieshizzle
Paper Tape
Views: 636
Message 55 of 59

Great thanks! Really appreciate it! Hopefully this project continues Smiley Happy Plan to setup again tomorrow.

Genero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 545
Message 56 of 59

Hi,

Sorry, but it looks like this version is not working better, at least on my T480. 

For instance: I can change the settings from the GUI app, though whenever I try to save them, it's not working, the old values remain. In addition, when I boot the laptop, the keywoard backlight stays off, even if defined properly in the defaulted settings. 

I think I'm done here with this tuning attempt. I'll keep using this Thinkpad with the standard package that doesn't offer a clever backlight management for the keyboard. Not great but it will do. 

Many thanks to all the contributors, a substantial work has been achieved here. 

Cheers! 

Dayfly
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 57 of 59

lenovo updated the vantage app and it stopped working here, is there a workaround or wil there be a fix ?

Dayfly
What's DOS?
Views: 333
Message 58 of 59

Anyone ?

MrRoberto
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 59 of 59

Thanks a lot, that works on my T495!

You (or @JooJooBee666) might do other users a huge favour to provide an updated installer including these fixes ;-)

Concerning the annoying OSD issue: The current version of Lenovo Vantage seems to run without tposd.exe. There is however a service called TPHKLOAD but killing it also shuts off other functionalities like the mic mute key.

I got rid of the OSD notifications by following this method using the windows advanced screen settings (not exaclty as depicted but it's self explaining):

How to remove Caps Lock indicator from displaying permanently on desktop screen - Windows 7 - ThinkP...

BTW: If some Lenovo Mod might be reading this thread: Please (!!!) tell this whole backlight thing to the Vantage App developers.I'm glad some geeks found a way but I expect such basic features to be there out of the box! 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors