Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chipsaru
Fanfold Paper
Views: 995
Message 41 of 58

Re: can i configure backlit keyboard on a P51 to be always on

Thanks @JooJooBee666 for the service (and others who helped too). For anyone curious - if you want to disable OSD popups when service toggles backlight it is not enough to just kill the tposd.exe process, tphkload.exe service will revive it in a second. You need to go to service management and disable service called Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader. Note that it will disable some of the advanced fn-shortcuts, but essential ones will still work (volume, brightness, ...).

Genero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 977
Message 42 of 58

That's great, thanks for sharing! There is another simple method that did work very well for me, through Windows configuration. All the details can be actually found from the Lenovo site!. Basically, this one consists in disabling the On-screen display. 

Chipsaru
Fanfold Paper
Views: 941
Message 43 of 58

@JooJooBee666 Is there a reason to launch LBCService Settings app on startup?

Looks like service won't toggle backlight without starting this app. I thought it only needed for configuration purposes.

JooJooBee666
Fanfold Paper
Views: 922
Message 44 of 58

@chipsaru, you only need the settings app if you want to use the timer or the "Remeber State" options.  Otherwise, the service will turn the backlight on automatically on boot or resume and the backlight will stay on until the system goes to sleep.  If you use the remember state option but don't have the app running, it may not work properly.

Chipsaru
Fanfold Paper
Views: 847
Message 45 of 58

@JooJooBee666 hey, I'm working on major refactoring of your code, I noticed several issues and I'm going to fix them.

Do you mind accepting my changes into your repo when they are ready? Or I can just maintain forked version.

stasik
Punch Card
Views: 787
Message 46 of 58

My dear friends,

great thanks for your work, i want to say that only also we need to have is a HDD LED like old thinkpads Smiley Happy

I saw this option at the same program - it use a power button, and if you give us a HDD LED as addition to keyboard light it will be a beautiful present to all community Smiley Happy)

Thanks again!

Stas.

Chipsaru
Fanfold Paper
Views: 725
Message 47 of 58

@JooJooBee666 I finished with my changes. Fixed issues:

• service gets suddenly stopped after sleep;
  • settings app prevented from normal system shutdown (it displayed message about .NET preventing shutdown);
  • mouse/keyboard hooks didn't work in some cases (e.g. elevated apps, some remote desktop clients, etc.);
  • settings app was not hidden properly on startup (you could see it while switching apps with alt+tab).

Do you mind accepting change request and creating installer with new binaries?

JooJooBee666
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 48 of 58

@Chipsaru Merged.  That was a lot of changes, lol.  I'll try compile tomorrow and release a new installer.  I've never seen/used Autofac but if it works, great. I'll need to get that all setup here so I can compile.  I'll try to get that done tomorrow, but no promises; I've got some work to do on a website I manage tomorrow as well. 

I'm glad I posted this on Github Smiley Happy Thanks for your efforts here.  

Genero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 622
Message 49 of 58

Wow, that looks fantastic Smiley Happy Thank you both for your work! Smiley Tongue

Look forward to try the new version on the T480 Smiley Happy

Odeen
What's DOS?
Views: 473
Message 50 of 58

Looking forward to the 1.6.0.0 installer!  Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors