Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpant13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,072
Message 1 of 8

lenovo P51 sim solt not recognised after installing SIERRA drivers

In my lenovo P51, I have inserted a SIM

I also installed the following driver : (Sierra Wireless EM7455 Software for Windows 10)

I still don't see the LTE device, listed under Device Manager -> Network Adapters (please see the screenshot attached)

I also don't see "Cellular" option on Settings -> Network and Internet tree.

Can someone please guide, what I must be missing.? What I should be doing to make this work.?

Thanks

Ashish

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,008
Message 2 of 8

Re: lenovo P51 sim solt not recognised after installing SIERRA drivers

Hi

> Can someone please guide, what I must be missing.?

Are you sure the wwan card (modem) is installed in the laptop?
Also, what's the device (entry) in the Device manager' "Other devices" category? Provide, please, its / their ID:
double click on the entry, Details tab, Option list, Hardware ID item. Copy the values from the field below and past here.

Edit: typo

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ashishpant13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 998
Message 3 of 8

Hi Buddy,

Thanks a lot for your reply.!

Are you sure the wwan card (modem) is installed in the laptop? 

I'm pretty sure as it has got a SIM card slot and I could insert a SIM into it.

Also, what's the device (entry) in the Device manager' "Other devices" category? Provide, please, its / their ID:

Here is a screenshot which enlists all network adapters and other devices (screenshot attached below)

double click on the entry, Details tab, Option list, Hardware ID item. Copy the values from the field below and past here.

Please see these values

AAP Server:

BTHENUM\{74ec2172-0bad-4d01-8f77-997b2be0722a}_VID&0001004c_PID&2002
BTHENUM\{74ec2172-0bad-4d01-8f77-997b2be0722a}_LOCALMFG&0002

Wireless iAP

BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacaff}_VID&0001004c_PID&2002
BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacaff}_LOCALMFG&0002

Thanks and regards

Ashish

adgenco
Token Ring
Views: 992
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Having a SIM slot doesn't necessarily mean that you have an adapter but that the machine is WAN upgradable.

Perhaps just to make sure you do have a WAN card you could either check if your model was originally equipped with one by typing your serial number at hthttps://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup (the WAN card should be listed as Wireless,CMB,SIE,EM7455 or similar) or, if you feel comfortable doing it, checking visually by removing the battery, the bottom cover and the keyboard as showed in the Hardware Maintenance Manual at page 78. 

Untitled.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 989
Message 5 of 8

@adgenco wrote:

Hi,

Having a SIM slot doesn't necessarily mean that you have an adapter but that the machine is WAN upgradable.

That's not quite corect.  WWAN upgradable implies that the antennas are also present.  Not all P51 MT-Ms included antennas.  All have a SIM slot since the mechanicals are shared across the machine types.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

ashishpant13
Blue Screen Again
Views: 988
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I won't be confortable unscrewing this laptop.

I did go to parts lookup website and entered my P51's serial number:

In the list it does show Wireless,CMB.....

(Please see the screenshot)

Thanks

Ashish

adgenco
Token Ring
Views: 972
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

If your screenshot is the AS BUILT parts list corresponding to your serial and no modifications have been made by your supplier, then it appears that the machine does not have a WWAN adapter.

A. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 960
Message 8 of 8

ashishpant13,

there isn't WWAN modem in your laptop installed.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors