Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sammouhali
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 273
Message 1 of 3

p51 Windows Installation Hard Drive - and Keyboard layout

Hi,

I am planning to order a P-51 laptop and I have made up my mind on which options I would be going for, which is listed below from my cart...

Now there is an option for me to choose a first hard drive, 500GB HDD 7200rpm, for zero cost, in addition to my ordered 1TB SSD as a second hard drive... 

My main concern is that I need to make sure that you will install windows on the 1TB SSD, and NOT the 500GB HDD...

Is that an option...?!

I am afraid that if I order the 500GB HDD 7200, that you will install windows on it, since it is labled "First Hard Drive"... This is why you will see that so far I have not included the 500GB HDD in below configuration.

Also, is there a chance to get Arabic letters on my keyboard?!..  in addition to the English letters of course...

Hope I make some sense in my question...

Thanks.

Sameh

• Processor : Intel Xeon E3-1535M v6 Processor (4 Cores, 8MB Cache, up to 4.20GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64
  • Operating System Language : Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstations English
  • Display : 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, 10-point multi-touch
  • Memory : 32GB(16+16) DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM
  • Graphic Card : NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB GDDR5
  • Base : NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB
  • Color Sensor : With Color Sensor
  • Camera : 720p HD Camera with Microphone
  • Thinkpad Pen : ThinkPad Pen Pro
  • Keyboard : Backlit Keyboard with Number Pad - English
  • Pointing Device : 3-button TrackPoint pointing device and 3-button multi-touch touchpad, Color Sensor
  • Security Features : Integrated Fingerprint Reader
  • Security Chip : Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
  • First Solid State Drive / Second Hard Disk Drive : 1TB SSD PCIe TLC OPAL2
  • Total Hard Drive Capacity : 1TB
  • Power Cord : 170W AC Adapter - US(2pin)
  • Battery : 6 Cell Li-Polymer Battery, 90Wh
  • Wireless : Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1, vPro
  • Integrated Mobile Broadband : Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A (Sierra Wireless EM7455)
  • vPro Certified Model : vPro Certified
  • Language Pack : Publication - English
  • Enterprise Ready Preload : None
  • Warranty : 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
caldrenfitz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 2 of 3

Re: p51 Windows Installation Hard Drive - and Keyboard layout

Hi Sammouhali, 

I would call a lenovo sales rep (try 1-855-253-6686) I have always found them to be very helpful.

They will be able to answer all of your questions concerning hard drives, OS installations and keyboard configurations (with the possibility you may have to buy a keyboard, or a Hard drive separately elsewhere)

Good luck!

sammouhali
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 188
Message 3 of 3

Re: p51 Windows Installation Hard Drive - and Keyboard layout

Hi,

Thank you so much... I have contacted Lenovo US on their Facebook page and they answered that should I choose an HDD as a first drive they will install OS on it, but commented that I can then migrate the OS to the SSD.

No luck with the keyboard he said, since keyboard follows the region being sold in!!

I am thinking not to order the HDD although it is sad to loose 0.5TB that comes for free!!

Unless migrating the OS is easy to do and does not entail future implications...

I am also surprised they do not have an option of leaving a special request on checking out!

Definitely need an advise on this one.

Thanks again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors