Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
president89
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 5

p52S and Dell P2719hc

I have a brand new P52S and i cannot get my new dell P2719HC monitor to recognize the USB-C port. The Dell supports USB-C. I am on windows 10.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 183
Message 2 of 5

Re: p52S and Dell P2719hc

Hi president89!

Welcome to the community forums. Which USB-C port are you trying to connect your Dell Monitor? You need to use the second USB-port on your laptop in order for the laptop to recognize the external monitor. Please check the photo attached.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

president89
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 3 of 5

I have tried both usb c ports. I've restarted the monitor and the laptop. I have switched between HDMI and Usbc and back again as well. HDMI works, USB does not.

I am using a new apple mll82am/a cable. 

The cable plugged into the monitor is charging the laptop.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 165
Message 4 of 5

Does the monitor work with another computer using the USB-C connection? If yes, it looks like there is a problem with the USB-C port of the laptop and it needs a repair. You can call our Lenovo US Think Support at 800-426-7378 to request for a repair. Mark_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

president89
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 5 of 5

I seem to have resolved the issue. The cord provided was not a thunderbolt cable. It was only a usb c charging cable. I used an appropriate cable and now it's working as expected.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors