Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dulcet_airman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,679
Message 1 of 5

p71 doesn't resume from standby, and other problems

I have a Lenovo thinkpad p71 20HK. And I have Windows 10 Pro 1703 (x64). I have installed all updates by Lenovo and Microsoft.

I will describe all problems I have, but what's really bugging me right now is this:

• When I'm AFK for a while the laptop goes to standby as it it supposed to. But then I doesn't come back on. The screen remains black and I have to shut it down (hold the power button for some time) and restart. However, hibernation is no problem. When I use hibernation it goes off and it starts up again when I hit the power button.
    So now I had to disable powersaving altogether so it always stays on. How can I fix this?

Note: I call it hibernation when I click "Shut down", which isn't actually a shutdown of the system, but windows 10 calls it that.  

Other problems:

• After a proper shutdown (actual shutdown, not hibernate) the audio driver has to be reinstalled. I get no sound until I do that. After hybernation it still works. But after updates or if I do an actual reboot for any reason I have to reinstall that driver. Why can't it just work after a reboot?!
    There was a patch for the realtek audio driver. So now I have V 1.0.0.1, but apparently that didn't help. 

• When I plug in HDMI it doesn't work. I have to reboot (and then reinstall the audio driver) to make it work. Nearly 5000 bucks for a laptop and HDMI doesn't work?! Why isn't this plug and play? In the HW-Setup I set the graphics card  option to "dedicated". Then I thought it worked, but that was only because then the external display was plugged in after that. I was disappointed when I tried to plug in the HTMI later and it still didn't work without a reboot. Why can't it detect the display when I plug it in later?

• After a reboot it doesn't boot up. (not hibernation, actual reboot. And not shutdown and then starting it up again. I mean when the system decides that it needs to reboot, like after an update, and it should atuomatically boot up again.)
    In that case I try to reboot and it shuts down normally. But when it should start up again I just see the Lenovo logo (white on red) and nothing happens. I have to hold the power button for some time and then tap it to boot.

That's it so far. It's all fine one I'm working on it or playing games. Then I have no problems. But as soon as I need to reboot or want to plug in a display it's annoying that it doesn't just work.

I never get any error messages that I could give here. The audio driver gets installed when I try to select an audio device. The computer boots up when I do a hard reset. That's all I know.

I checked the event log but didn't find anything that seems to be related. It tells me that CldFlt isn't supported. Whatever that is. 
I get "Fehler beim Laden des Treibers \Driver\WUDFRd für das Gerät USB\VID_138A&PID_0097\496b84b954e6.", but I think that's about USB.
There was a problem with fast start: "Windows-Fehler beim Schnellstart mit Fehlerstatus "0xC00000D4"."
And I think two services are trying to use port 58082.
None of this seems relevant.

Jomant
SCSI Port
Views: 1,664
Message 2 of 5

Re: p71 doesn't resume from standby, and other problems

Versuch mal:

sfc /scannow 

Make sure you stard cmd elevated as Admin.

If that doesn't work try to deinstall the Motherboard driver. It's def. a USB issue with the error. 

Keine ahnung mit dem rest kram, but I got a P71 max config, stock install with no issues. 

dulcet_airman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,655
Message 3 of 5

I did "sfc /scannow" and now a reboot was successful for the first time and even the sound still works. I'll have to see if HDMI and standby work, but this certainly helps a lot!
Vielen Dank!

Jomant
SCSI Port
Views: 1,632
Message 4 of 5

Awesome. Make sure you got the Lenovo Graphic driver. For some reason I had issues with the Nvidia driver. I did a Fresh start and everything worked out. Remember that HDMI sound goes thru the GPU so I would def. check the GPU driver. If you got more issues you can reach me via TeamSpeak kann man auf deutsch labern. Will net so viel in deusch schreiben da das ein Engl. Forum ist.
PsyberEMT
Serial Port
Views: 1,475
Message 5 of 5

Having all of the same issues as described here!  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Will try this solution and report back.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors