09-20-2015 09:07 PM
i have pantone color calibratore v 1.2 which came pre-installed on my system running on win 7 pro(x64).
i ahve upgraded the os to win 10 pro(x64).
when , i try to calibrate my monitor, i get an error :
then , when i run the sensor replacement utility , i get another error:
prior to upgrade , i have had never received these errors.
now, the steps taken by me :
1. un-installed and re-installed pantone color calibrator from lenovo.
2. un-installed and re-installed the lates version of x-rite device services manger v 2.3.101 from x-rite.
after, re-installing , i was sucessfully , able to profile my monitor.
but, perhaps, as per schedule-after a week, when the re-profiling was done , i had received the above mentioned errors.
assistance in this regards shall be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-26-2015 10:44 AM - edited 09-26-2015 11:22 AM
i have resolved the issue.
the following steps were performed to resolve the issue:
1. un-installed pantone color calibrator from the control panel
2. deleted the residual entries from the registry
3. un-installed x-rite device service manager from the control panel
4. re-booted the system
5. dleleted the old profiles files from : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DEIVERS\COLOR\WIDE VIEW ANGLE & HIGH DENSITY FLEXVIEW DISPLAY 2880X1620_D65…………….. .ICM
imp: delete only the profiles which are relevant to your display
6. deleted another profile file from: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DEIVERS\COLOR\CALIBRATED DISPLAYPROFILE-1.ICC
6. installed pantone color calibrator v 1.2.0 from lenovo
7. installed latest x-rite device services manager v 2.3.101 from x-rite
8. re-booted the system
9. un-installed nvidia display driver from the control panel and re-booted the system
10. un-installed intel graphics display driver from the control panel and re-booted the system.
11. downloaded nvidia optimus display driver from lenovo and installed intel graphics driver and re-booted the system
12. installed nvidia driver downloaded from nvidia ( i did not install nvidia driver provided by lenovo) and re-booted the system
13. installed thinkpad monitor inf file v 5.07 from lenovo
14. profiled the display .
15. again re-profiled the display - it worked and the sensor replacement utility was also working.
i hope this will help others , facing similar issue.
01-10-2016 07:12 PM
W541 Windows7 pro (downgraded from 10) Color calibration fails
I have latest Pantone Color Calibration software. My X-Rite Device Service
Manager is v 2.1.14 This was installed remotely after I successfully ran calibration once.
Now claibration fails.
From the xrite.com website , the latest is version 2.4.0 which I can download.
Should I change it through the Control Panel, installed software section?
01-11-2016 08:01 AM
are you facing the same problem as mentioned in my original post?
if yes, you could un-install x-rite from the control panel and re-install the latest version.
see if it helps.
if the issue persists, i may suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. un-install nvidia graphics driver. you could use display driver un-instaler for the same , as it will completely remove all traces of nvidia graphics driver.
you can download the same from : http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=157
if you use any third party antivirus, it may suggest to discard the file. but you can proceed , it's totally safe- i have had used it myself .however, the choice is yours.
note: once you use the display driver uninstaller, before closing it, remember to click on the bottom right hand box, which says- turn windows drivers updates to default state.
2. reboot your system
3.download the nvidia optimus from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en and install it. when you install , choose the option - custom - check the box, for clean install.
4. reboot your system
5. download and install thinkpad monitor inf file
now try to calibrate your display .
hope this helps.