cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgeggonzalez
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 1 of 7

problem with the charging port of my Lenovo thinkpad w540 (The problem is on the board where the bat

My question is that if I buy a docket, with a charging port for the battery, could I solve the problem or not? if the docket uses the motherboad circuit to charge the battery or does it do part?

Changed to normal text - mod

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 175
Message 2 of 7

Re: problem with the charging port of my Lenovo thinkpad w540 (The problem is on the board where the

If the machine works on A/C but the battery does not charge I think it is unlikely that the dock will help.  My experience has been that this problem is usually (not always) a little fuse on the motherboard near the battery connector

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
jorgeggonzalez
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 3 of 7

Re: problem with the charging port of my Lenovo thinkpad w540 (The problem is on the board where the

I actually load it but it shuts down and I get a message saying that the AC is not the right one, but in reality it is. Then the load will only turn off not lit
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 163
Message 4 of 7

Tell me about the power supply?  Wattage?  Do you have a way to test the resistance between the signal pin in the tip and the outside metal face of the tip?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Highlighted
jorgeggonzalez
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 5 of 7

Yes, I think the problem is in the charger, buy a new one to identify. When the ship arrives I will be in charge of commenting on what happens to be a future help.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 136
Message 6 of 7

OK.  If the charger fixes it, please mark the thread as solved.

buyer contacted me saying charger replacement fixed problem - mod

Rich

jorgeggonzalez
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 7 of 7

Yes, what happens is that I damaged the original charger and bought one round tip and a round to square adapter. This does not work !!! therefore buy one square tip and go. Thank you very much for your prompt response. Long live the free community!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors