Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tony_2019
Fanfold Paper
Views: 221
Message 1 of 3

thinkpad p51 battery drain after complete shutdown

[I posed question here and answered it in the following message; hopefully this could help those who experience the same issue.]

I recently purchased thinkpad p51 and found that the battery will completely drain in a moth. That's charge the battery to 100%, completely shut down the system, boot the computer after 30 days and the battery will be less than 2%.

I did the following things and it didn't seem to work.

• turn off quick reboot
  • disable the following items in BIOS:
    'USB alway On'
    'Wake on LAN'
    'Wake by Thunderbolt(TM) 3'
  • unplug any USB devices after shutdown

I also did some modification on system config, which still didn't sovle the problem.

tony_2019
Fanfold Paper
Views: 211
Message 2 of 3

Re: thinkpad p51 battery drain after complete shutdown

It turns out that the BIOS 'might' be outdated.

My BIOS is 1.48 (04/29/2019), there's a new release afterward (1.48-1.10, 05/17/2019). In the readme file, it explicitly says that

<1.48-1.10>
UEFI: 1.48 / ECP: 1.10
- (Fix) Fixed the battery will leak when the system is power-off.

Lots of people who have the same kind of issue on multiple machines report that after updating BIOS the batteries stop draining.

Also, I've tried many ways and have a feeling that it's less likely due to different settings of the system or BIOS. It could be a bug that causes uncontrollable leak. So I guess that the new release of BIOS should fix this bug. I haven't tried it yet, but think this sounds a reasonable approach. I'll report when I finish the updating.
bon2catz
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 3 of 3

Motherboard Lenovo Yoga 700 14ISK MTM 80QD006DID

Hi, 

My laptop was totally off suddenly. In the first place, I thought maybe the adaptor of the charger was broken. I brought to the service centre, they said the motherboard was broken. 

I wanted to buy the motherboard via online, but there is 2 types of motherboard after I am searching. There are 2 type 6200U and 6500U. 

Is there anyone know what is the different? And which one should I buy for Lenovo Yoga 700 14ISK 80QD006DID 

Thank you so much 

Best regards

Riny 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors