Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chricton
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 1 of 2

w520 Audio distortion after Win10 Anniversary (1607) update

I upgraded to Win 10 shortly before the end of the initial upgrade period.  I waited to see what issues were coming out and hoping there would be fixes by the time I did the upgrade.  Once I did the upgrade everything actually went OK.  So now, I just did the Anniversary update.  Most everything is as before EXCEPT now the Audio becomes distorted.  This happens 95%+ of the time when tracks change or I click another track or whatever causes a "start playing this audio file/clip" (either from me clicking another track or software wants to play something e.g., a game, DVD playback, CD playback, online, ...).

I found a sort of solution by Turning OFF all Enhancements (I have a Conexant 20672 chipset).  And I mean, checking the box for "Disable all enhancements", not simply unchecking the individual enhancements so they would not be active.  Unfortunately, this also means that the laptop speakers now sound so FLAT it's a real dissappointment.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (manually) but this didn't resolve the issue.  I'm hoping someone in the community may have a solution.  The W520 is great! (albeit a little aged) and I'm not in a position at this time to even think about replacing it.

SamiReh22
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 2 of 2

Re: w520 Audio distortion after Win10 Anniversary (1607) update

you mean fall creators update? I'm also having this problem

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors