Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neo_Ocelot
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 1 of 2

w520 Brightness Flickers, related to GPU Use

Hello i have just built a new video editing Lenovo w520, mobo # 04W2028, 4270-CTO i7-2820QM, 1000m, 16gb.

Everything runs great...BUT!

Every time i use a program that even looks at my GPU the screen brightness flickers.

I know it may sound like I'm turning a mole hill into a mountain but this is annoying!

It would seem as though when the GPU is running the video, It has its own brightness that i cant adjust. (I have a GPU meter that really drives it batty ^_^)

So the change is equal to the current brightness lets say 10 then i open any program and it flickers to something close to 15 (not really 15 more like 15.5) if i set it to 15 its less noticeable but i really don't want to have to live with this.

I have already tried/noticed the following:

Never dose it until i install Nividia drivers for the Quadro 1000m from Lenovo

Installed every piece of lenovo bloatware there is and updated every driver/Bio's, reinstalled video drivers a few times.

Tried this.. not it
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Disabling-Auto-Screen-brightness-on-Intel-HD-G...

Thought this guy had my same problem but I don't have this option in the power menu
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Lenovo-W530-quot-random-quot-brightness-issue/...

I would really love some help on this one.

If you have any ideas please send them my way.

Eagerly awaiting your response

Neo_Ocelot
Paper Tape
Views: 723
Message 2 of 2

Re: w520 Brightness Flickers, related to GPU Use

UPDATE:

I have found a fix for this GPU flutter all i did was follow this guide to set the graphics to the 1000m ONLY.

Big thanks for his post >HERE<

Hope this helps if your having the same issue!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors