cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yawnmoth
Punch Card
Views: 313
Message 1 of 4

when will the P53s "Build Your Own" ThinkPad be back on sale?

According to https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/P53S/p/22WS2WPP53S it's Sold Out. idk how a "Build Your Own" computer can be sold out but, none-the-less, that's what the status is.

Anyway, I was wondering when the P53s might be available again.

Or maybe the P53s is due to be replaced soon? I note the P53s has an 8th gen i7. I think the 10th gen i7's are now out. Maybe a new P54s is on the way?

yawnmoth
Punch Card
Views: 129
Message 2 of 4

Re: when will the P53s "Build Your Own" ThinkPad be back on sale?

Any updates on this?

I need a new laptop and I'm not going to wait forever and tbh if I find a different manufacturer that offers a comparable laptop I'll go with them and I will probably never ever go back to buying Lenovo's.

That's easily tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue for Lenovo, over the course of my lifetime. I'm also currently the CTO of my company (of about 100 employees) so I'm in a position to make sure my company never buys another Lenovo ever again as well.

I've been a loyal Lenovo customer for almost 20 years but my opinion of Lenovo is on the decline.

NicerName
Punch Card
Views: 86
Message 3 of 4

@yawnmoth I suspect the extended period of unavailability is due to the epidemic in China right now, and the Government-mandated extended lunar new year factory shutdowns.  Those of us with pending orders are also affected--mine is now over 1.5 weeks past the expected shipping date, though I've had recent reason to be hopeful for it to ship in the next few days.  Wish me luck!

NicerName
Punch Card
Views: 57
Message 4 of 4

Update: got my shipping notice this morning!  

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors