cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmei007
Punch Card
Views: 288
Message 1 of 11

where to enable Battery Health Mode on my W540 with Win7 ?

I have a W540 with Windows 7. Most of time (99%) I am using the power supply. I want to make my battery last longer. In the Power Manager tool, I click the Battery Maintenance ... button and get a dialog which tells me there is a Battery Health Mode I can use to increase the battery lifespan (the dialog's picture is attahed). 

My issue is I cannot find where that Battery Health Mode is? Anybody can help me about this?

In my case, 99% on power supply, should I take the battery off and store it somewhere? But I would like to keep it installed because it can save my work when the power get off suddenly sometimes.

Thanks,

Guru
Views: 253
Message 2 of 11

Re: where to enable Battery Health Mode on my W540 with Win7 ?

I'm not 100% sure but it might have been removed.  In the past there was a radio button between fully charge and custom charge that gave you that option.

Regardless you can use custom charge threshold to accomplish same thing.  If I remember correctly it basically reduced the max charge to 90%.

If its always plugged in you can set charging threshold at maybe to stop charging at 60% and start at 40% ?  See below post.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht078208

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 239
Message 3 of 11

Get and run Lenovo vantage from the microsoft store

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
len88
Punch Card
Views: 236
Message 4 of 11

I think you may want to read this article: https://www.techrasta.com/2015/01/how-to-increase-lifespan-of-thinkpad.html. It recommends to use Power Manager, which you can download here - https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds014924.

len88
Punch Card
Views: 199
Message 5 of 11

In my W30 (W7) I've tried to install Lenovo Power Manager  6.68.15 (n1au415w.exe, 18MiB) and got very serious problem. Computer started endless loop:  Startup Repair has found problems. It will fix them automatically. Restart... Then Startup Repair could not fix the problems... Smiley Sad And there is no way to end that loop...

The only solution was to restore C: image made earlier by Macrium Reflect Free edition.

I'd like to set threshold for my battery, as I use it on AC almost all the time,, but after that experience I'm afraid to install it again...

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 188
Message 6 of 11

I use Lenovo Power Manager 6.68.15 on T530 with W7/ Nvidia graphics and it works as advertised. You can select "Automaticall optimize for battery lifespan". I doubt your problems are caused by the power manager. I would rather suspect a HDD with bad sectors.

len88
Punch Card
Views: 185
Message 7 of 11

My problems ware caused by Power Manger's setup (not by Power Manager itself) that created the endless loop.

SSD doesn't have any problems with bad sectors. It's confirmed by checking it and by successful run OS after restoring its backup.

freddellmeister
Token Ring
Views: 173
Message 8 of 11

Did you try the installation again after your restoration of backup? Perhaps it was a temporary issue? Have you seen problems installing other new software components?
len88
Punch Card
Views: 170
Message 9 of 11

No, I did not. I'm afraid of repeating the same bad experience again...

Have you seen problems installing other new software components?

No, not at all. This is the first time I experience something like this Smiley Sad

lmei007
Punch Card
Views: 151
Message 10 of 11

freddellmeister,

I have the same Power Manager installed on my two W540. I cannot find there is the "Automatically optimize for battery lifespan" option. Could you please tell me the steps to reach there?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors