Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-13-2014

Blacksburg, Virginia

24 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 3

Issues with Thinkpad yoga on Windows 7 64-bit

2014-09-14, 1:41 AM

I uninstalled the windows 8.1 that came with my Thinkpad Yoga to installe windows 7 64-bit because there was no support for Power Manager ( a tool that allows you to charge your battery only upto a certain percentage (eg 40%) which helps reduce battery aging when the notebook is mostly operated on AC power).

Doing that required me to fully clean the Hard-disk during the installation process.

I installed almost all of the drivers available on  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga?TabName

for thinkpad yoga and windows 7 64 bit.

Happily, this provided me the Power manager, and I can use it just as I wanted.

However, all these has brought in additional issues which are listed below:

1. The touch pad right click doesn't work. Only two finger tap works as right click.

2. The touch pad gestures for zoom and scroll doesn't work at all.

3. The screen auto-rotate doesn't work.

4. The touch screen gesture for zoom doesn't work.

I did install the ultra-nav and screen-rotate drivers, but I get error messages regarding synaptics ... not working and also sensor driver not working during the windows startup.

Any help please?

Thank you.

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2014

Blacksburg, Virginia

24 Signins

151 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues with Thinkpad yoga on Windows 7 64-bit

2014-09-14, 12:18 PM

Follow up:

After going through windows update and installing windows 7 service pack 1, some of the issues have been resolved. The screen auto rotates based on device orientation. The two finger scroll and zoom works on the touchpad. The physical right click still doesn't work. (The two finger tap for right-click is working). One important feature that I still find mssing is that the two finger pinch to zoom doesn't work on the Touchscreen (it works in Touchpad though). So, when I am browsing websites on Tablet mode, there is no way to zoom in!

Thanks. 

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2014

Blacksburg, Virginia

24 Signins

151 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Frightening Issues with Thinkpad yoga on Windows 7 64-bit

2014-09-15, 14:05 PM

Just when I was happy that major issues have been resolved by constant updating, I am now experiencing this frightening problem. Mostly during startup, and lately in the middle of working, the screen freezes, shows very damaged image (like TV noise), produces the most unpleasant sound through the speakers and nothing works. I need to restart and hope that it will be ok. Sometimes it requires 2 or 3 restarts, going to safe-mode and returning back to get the issue resolved.

This has happened three or 4 times within 24 hrs. I searched in the forum and for another model it was suggested that epresscache might be the cause. I disabled the service, but the problem reappeared even then.

Any help please:

This is what appears on the screen when the computer freezes and produces loud unpleasant noise sound.

Link to image

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms