Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-19-2020

Pakistan

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo C940 Battery Conservation Mode

2020-12-19, 15:07 PM

My laptop is plugged in but not charging due to battery conservation mode. If I keep my laptop plugged in with battery conservation mode turned on, will it damage the battery?

Options

3483 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5517 Signins

61961 Page Views

• Views: 61961
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo C940 Battery Conservation Mode

2020-12-19, 15:39 PM

Welcome to the Community

Conservation Mode won't damage the battery. It's far better to keep the battery at a half charge if you're going to leave the laptop plugged in most of the time. If anything, it's a better choice than leaving it at 100% in terms of battery life. My wife has a Dell without this feature and she leaves it plugged in most of the time. Within a couple of years, the battery life falls to about 10% of what it was. Over the life of the laptop, we've replaced the battery 4 times.  OTOH, my Yoga 910, which stays plugged in most of the time in Conservation Mode is going on four years, now, and has only lost about 10% of its capacity, which I find remarkable. I was able to get 6-7 hours out of it when I bought it. Now, it's 4-6. 

A lot also depends on the frequency of use. If you use it daily and leave it plugged in, Conservation Mode is the way to go. If you only fire it up once in a while, it's probably better to just work off the battery until it gets down around 20%. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms