Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-29-2020

Italy

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad S540 gtx 15IWL overheating

2020-04-29, 8:23 AM

Under a week ago I received my new s540 gtx 15IWL with i7 processor and Nvidia 1650 max-q variant. I've noticed that the core temperatures are running quite high, hovering around 40-44°C during everyday tasks (such as using microsoft teams), with sudden spikes as high as the 75°C or more. During more intense processes such as gaming, the range is 65-85°C, usually on the higher end. This was monitored using CoreTemp and verified with other 3rd party software.

There is not a lot of info about this laptop out there, but I've noticed some videos of people using this model for tasks like gaming (even relatively undemanding titles) have also shown temperatures in the range I experienced.

So far I haven't seen any sign of throttling, but I worry about the longevity and stability of my device. Does anyone have a similar experience or advice for reducing the temperatures?

Options

15 Posts

05-17-2020

United States of America

11 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 2 of 2

Lenovo IdeaPad S540 gtx 15IWL overheating

2020-05-18, 12:27 PM
The Laptop mostly runs fine and normally when not connected to a power supply. When connected to the charger, it has these bizarre overheating issue. This is mostly with the IdeaPad S540 GTX 15IWL Model. I think lenovo need to realize this, configure the fan and temperature settings properly and put out an update. Lenovo can easily fix this issue if they release an update which undervolts the GPU and CPU by default properly. If they are made aware they should release an update.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms