06-17-2013

New Jersey

72 Signins

446 Page Views

• Views: 446
  • Message 1 of 4

Problem With Wireless Connections

2013-07-07, 20:36 PM

This happens every now and then with my Thinkpad Twist S230u.

All of the sudden, I notice that I am no longer connected to my wireless network.  I go to the "Networks" tab and under Wi-fi it says "no available connections," so the wireless card has suddenly stopped working (assuming that my router AND all my neighbors' routers didn't get suddenly unplugged at the same instant). 

I want to emphasize that when this happens, I am NOT able to re-connect without re-booting.  Sometimes I am able to still see my router, and it will SAY "connecting", but it really isn't.  Changing to airplane mode and back rarely helps.  The wireless card ceases to function entirely.

There used to be something in Windows XP where you could click to "repair" the connection, and it would essentially disable then reenable your card, and reconnect to your network.  It was a pain, but it only took 30 seconds or so.

But in my case, Windows 8, I don't see such option.  When I try to manually reset the WL card by disabling & enabling it, I find that the card does not disable.  Moreover, after I re-boot in frustration (ultimately the only thing that does work), the computer then hangs in the rebooting process so that I have to do a hard shutdown with holding the power button.  When it reboots, I have to go BACK in to Control Panel and re-enable the card.

Why is this happening?  I'm using Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230. I'm hoping maybe it's a software thing.  Windows insists that my driver software is up to date, but maybe there's a fix, or a third-party wireless manager?

Solved! See the solution
Options

18 Posts

03-05-2013

stuttgart

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 2 of 4

Betreff: Problem With Wireless Connections

2013-07-09, 21:02 PM

hi,you are not alone with this problem.do the following thinks.

1.download newest driver from 4july.

2.put off bluetooth.

if all these thinks not work. open your twist an check if the antena cable is connected right.this was my problem.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

57 Posts

04-07-2011

Ukraine

359 Signins

1632 Page Views

• Views: 1632
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-07-10, 7:07 AM

Lenovo E430 wifi Broadcom 4313 (Can't tell you how bad it is without tears)

33% of boots it sees wireless networks but can't connect to them.

Reboot doesn't help.

If you encounter problem with wifi you have to TURN OFF and TURN ON your computer. Not reboot.

30 Posts

06-17-2013

New Jersey

72 Signins

446 Page Views

• Views: 446
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-07-10, 10:26 AM

Thanks!

I tried #1 and #2, we'll see if it works.  I don't think #3 because I don't think it's a hardware problem since reboot does fix it.  I should add that one should download the driver from Intel and install manually, and do not rely on WIndows or Lenovo to automatically find it, because the Lenovo Solution Center and Device Manager all insisted my driver was up-to-date.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms