01-14-2014

Australia

14 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 1 of 2

Problems with touch on the desktop

2014-01-14, 11:54 AM

Ok, so I recently got the Lenovo Thinkpad Twist S230u laptop, and it's been great so far. The touch screen itself is perfectly fine, and mostly works as it should in both the Desktop and Modern UI. 

But sometimes, out of the blue, touch becomes unusable on the desktop. Obviously, this is more of a software problem (as opposed to hardware). What I mean by this is, I cannot interact with any element on the desktop and its applications. I cannot select or open files, open or close applications, open menus etc... The only things that I can really do (as far as I know) are open the calender in the system tray; and scroll and select links in the browser (Chrome, IE etc.) 

To add to this problem, I also cannot swipe from the right nor left to access the Charms Bar or the App Switch Bar respectively. The Charms Bar is, however, still accessible through the mouse (but not the app switch bar). All this is happening, despite the fact that I am still able to use touch in the modern UI.

This problem mostly occurs after I wake the computer from sleep mode, although this can still occur while I use the computer. The problem can persist, even when I reboot the computer or wake the computer from sleep mode again. And then miraculously, as fast as it appears, the problem would be gone. Usually, the problem occurs for only a few hours (on a daily basis as well), and it can get really annoying especially when I take notes in OneNote during class.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)
Solved! See the solution
Options

10 Posts

01-14-2014

Australia

14 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems with touch on the desktop

2014-01-31, 11:20 AM

I was just browing around the forums when I found this in a super long forum:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/Lenovo-Twist-touchscreen-issues-after-sleeping/m-p/928571/highlight/true#M12321

The download seems to have fixed most of the problem. However, you would think Lenovo would make this update more readily available to users. Instead, I have to go to this forum and download this file myself.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete