02-15-2016

The Netherlands

10 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Thinkpad S540 replacing internal wifi card

2016-06-01, 8:05 AM

Thanks for your swift reply. Will try this.

Options

8 Posts

02-15-2016

The Netherlands

10 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 12 of 13

2016-12-02, 22:27 PM

It looks like someone (from Lenovo?) marked all topics regarding the S540 wifi issues as solved. Not sure why this happened. To the best of my knowledge no solutions were posted. [update: see next post]

The wifi problems probably have to do with the antenna. Due to the bad design of the antenna in the S540 it breaks after about 6 to 12 months. Because Lenovo was not willing to help me (unless I paid for their design flaws), I replaced the antenna myself. After a few hours of screwing, I got back the full wifi signal. The same happened to my friends laptop. I hope this post helps other people getting back their wifi signal.

Disclaimer: I expect the bad designed antenna to break again in about 6 to 12 months. So be prepared to follow this procedure a few more times...

Link to antenna (part number 04X1770):
http://www.replacedirect.nl/product/p0541227/lenovo-antenna.html#
https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Sparepart-ANTENNA-04X1770/dp/B00GHC2V5M

Instructions to replace the antenna kit:
https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=596&key=TGVuZw==

Options

8351 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77291 Signins

2193689 Page Views

• Views: 2193689
  • Message 13 of 13

2016-12-02, 22:46 PM

wrote:

It looks like someone (from Lenovo?) marked all topics regarding the S540 wifi issues as solved. Not sure why this happened. To the best of my knowledge no solutions were posted.

It's the OP's discretion  to mark an issue as solved.  Rereading the thread it seems that the OP was happy with the answer and the result.

This isn't to say that there aren't other related wifi issues - but that's a different matter.

Thanks for posting information on your fix.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete