Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

06-09-2015

United States

17 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga 14" - will it come back?

2015-06-09, 6:52 AM

I am looking to purchase a new laptop, and going through many reviews it seems that the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14" was a great choice. Unfortunately, looking at Lenovo's website, the product says "sold out", and then a message pops up saying the laptop is unavailible, and is no longer in the product line. I know there were some issues with the laptop on it's release, but it seems odd that it is entirely gone so soon after it's release - I just wanted to see if anyone here knew if the laptop would re-release later on (maybe Lenovo is trying to fix some problems or whatnot), or is the laptop well and truly dead?

Options

5 Posts

06-09-2015

United Kingdom

6 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14" - will it come back?

2015-06-09, 10:37 AM

I would recommend looking through the large amounts of customer service complaints on this website before purchasing a ThinkPad Yoga. 

I purchased a machine 6 months ago. It has had some intermittant problems and frozen a number of times, but has been generally good. However, I then had a problem when it did not turn on. The warranty and customer service has been very poor, my aim at present is to make sure people are aware of this before purchase. If you ever have a problem don't expect the solution to be easy. They certainly have no idea what they are competing against with the likes of Amazon and Apple in terms of customer service. At this stage, based on their process so far, I won't be purchasing a Lenovo again.

Options

10 Posts

06-09-2015

United States

17 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 6

2015-06-09, 20:44 PM

Same for the Thinkpad Yoga 15? Reading some of the stuff around here, it seems there are more problems with the 14 than I expected (still, to be expected on the manufacturers forum). Maybe I'll look at the Flex line or a more traditional Thinkpad - durability is one of the main reasons I am looking at Lenovo in the first place. Hopefully I can find something!

Options

1470 Posts

06-08-2013

Spain

2014 Signins

20133 Page Views

• Views: 20133
  • Message 4 of 6

2015-06-14, 9:25 AM
There are no serious problems with the ThinkPad Yoga 14 or ThinkPad Yoga 15. Both are great laptops. Just look at this forums, almost no complaints whatsoever. If there were serious issues, you would see long threads of people complaining.

Maybe you can find an alternate seller like Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, ... I am sure you have plenty of choice in the U.S.

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Options

5 Posts

06-09-2015

United Kingdom

6 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 5 of 6

2015-06-15, 11:46 AM

Totally disagree.

I have just been told a repair for an apparent splash of water (an occurance that I never saw happen, though is obviously in the realms of possibility) will cost 70% of the initial price.

The service along the way has been responsive but in no way empathetic to my concerns or role as a long-term customer. 

As well, during the use of the product I had a number of issues with it not turning on / powering down when it should not be. Certainly not perfect. Am probably going to but a Mac with the repair money instead of this huge additional expense.

I am a disgruntled customer (like many on the forum) but I would caution - buyer beware.  

Options

7453 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29465 Signins

1686333 Page Views

• Views: 1686333
  • Message 6 of 6

2015-06-15, 19:29 PM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms