Options

1 Posts

10-25-2020

SG

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga 260's fan spin non-stop after shutdown when HDMI cable is attached

2020-10-25, 5:22 AM

Like to seek help and share with the community who have the same issue. My Thinkpad Yoga 260's fan spins speedily and loudly non-stop after shutdown or when it goes to sleep with a HDMI cable attached to the HDMI port even after HDMI output device (PC monitor screen or LCD projector) is turned off at the power outlet. I've done numerous experiments tinkering with system power settings, Intel MEI, BIOS etc. but none of them helped, the only way to stop the incessant fan noise, is to (1) detach the HDMI cable while my ThinkPad is left idling, or (2) power off my Thinkpad at the power outlet before it goes to sleep or (3) disable sleep mode which is unnecessary waste of electrical energy in my opinion. Yes, I can save my work before my Thinkpad goes to sleep and detach the HDMI cable every time but as a normal human being, I sometimes forget and after so many times of physically attaching and detaching the HDMI cable, the port is becoming loose and sometimes couldn't detect the HDMI cable plugged in, obviously the HDMI port won't last long at the rate I'm going, so hoping to find a better solution that I can continue to use native HDMI connection without a separate USB-to-HDMI adapter or dependent on the availability of Wireless Display setup. Thank you all for your respectful inputs and sharing!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete