07-20-2009

US

6204 Signins

23737 Page Views

• Views: 23737
  • Message 41 of 67

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - trouble with cursor jumping and closing programs

2015-04-29, 23:37 PM

I'm sorry to say that on my brand new ThinkPad Yoga 12 with i5-5300U this also happens, exactly as described. Rare phantom clicks at the right edge of the screen. On my system it's mostly near the lower right of the screen. I'm on BIOS 1.07. 

Options

2 Posts

08-08-2008

CA

14 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 42 of 67

2015-05-06, 9:54 AM
I have a Lenovo Flex Idea Pad 15D and also have the same jumpy cursor symptoms. The cursor randomly moves over to an icon and opens programs after having closed the lid with the power settings to do nothing when the lid is closed. If I change the setting to put the laptop in sleep mode when the lid is closed the problem disappears. I would prefer to leave the laptop running when the lid is closed so I can access files etc from other network locations. I contacted Lenovo about this and they did not have a fix for this. They also did not admit that they were aware of this problem. I was promised a call back and it never happened. I will try one more time before my warranty runs out.
Options

21 Posts

04-07-2015

US

15 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 43 of 67

2015-05-18, 15:20 PM
I had this same problem. I think most are focusing on the trackpad... But I found a different issue. Go to device manager and disable the digitizer and pen devices (not the touchscreen). If the problem goes away then the yogas need hardware repair. I had Lenovo come out and they replaced at least the main board and now I have no further issues with the mouse cursor jumping and selecting the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
Options

2 Posts

05-20-2015

UK

1 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 44 of 67

2015-05-20, 11:22 AM

I had a similar problem with my 20CD. It turned out to be a mechanical issue - when the laptop is sitting on my lap, and my leg is pressing against the area where the track pad is from below, the cursor jumps. If I set the device on a flat desk it works for me, even with the Pro dock (although I always keep the lid open and use it as an extra screen).

I might be worth checking if that's the case with your device as well.

Options

1 Posts

07-19-2015

Southampton UK

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 45 of 67

2015-07-19, 7:21 AM
I have the exact same issue and the same configuration - closed lid linked to two remote screens via a One Dock Pro. Cursor jumps of its own accord to bottom right and 'hovers' there over the clock, which then opens and asks to adjust time settings! I also have the issue of programs and apps opening by themselves without even touching the computer, mouse or keyboard. I have reinstalled the operating system at great cost (had to pay someone to do it), have bought a wired mouse and keyboard, all as recommended by tech support, but the problem persists and is really annoying. I just put up with it as the working day is so busy and so long, I just don't have any more time to waste on it. I'm sure it's a touchscreen issue, but the won't accept that. Incidentally, I have also had the touchpad replaced and motherboard replaced by Lenovo support, as the right mouse button doesn't work on the track pad. That problem also persists. Very frustrating indeed. Wouldn't buy another one! Have you got any further with the issue?
Options

21 Posts

04-07-2015

US

15 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 46 of 67

2015-07-19, 12:22 PM
Bobbydazzle - I no longer have the issue, once they replaced the main board. I still have an odd issue with citrix when I remote into a remote location. Sometimes the window focus will change.. but none of the cursor jumping as before. If u focus on the digitizer and pen devices in device manager and disable them, I'm sure that's where the problem is.
Options

21 Posts

04-07-2015

US

15 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 47 of 67

2015-08-04, 22:35 PM

Now I have a different but similar issue - The cursor doesn't jump but randomly the window I'm using changes focus to another window as if I hit alt-tab to go back to the last window.  So annoying, to be typing an email and the windows flips to my contact database and then I'm typing over important info..  

BTW - this mostly happens when on I have the Thinkpad onelink basic DOC connected to mouse keyboard and screen.  Could that be part of my problem?

Options

1 Posts

08-06-2015

USA

11 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 48 of 67

2015-08-06, 3:44 AM

I have a thinkpad yoga 2 with Wacom pen and I was frequently getting mouse clicks to the lower right of my screen when the laptop screen was closed and connected to external monitor, keyboard, mouse with Onelink Pro.

I was able to make this problem go away by disabling one of the Wacom child devices in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices.  It is the one labeled "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" and says for its location in the General tab as "on Wacom Device".

Options

1 Posts

08-14-2015

US

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 49 of 67

2015-08-14, 17:56 PM

What's wrong? The erratic cursor is an integral feature across all Lenovo products. It's not a bug, it's there to HELP you (in being unable to) use your computer. Lenovo is the only one in the business with the ambition to try something like this, just appreciate it for what it is guys.

btw this took like 15 minutes to type since my cursor kept clicking outside of the textbox

Options

2 Posts

09-03-2015

US

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 50 of 67

2015-09-03, 23:13 PM

It's crazy.... I got this issue and drove me nuts...

HERE IS THE FIX (TEMP) THAT I FOUND:

Tried various things like even restart - no use. But unplugged the charging cable and lo... the issue went away.

(Plugging it in brought back the issue)

SO, SEEMS LIKE A HARDWARE/SOFTWARE/POWER related issue linked to the new OneLink charging port.

LENOVO... PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE AS NEEDED.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete