09-23-2015

United Kingdom

3 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 51 of 67

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - trouble with cursor jumping and closing programs

2015-09-23, 16:51 PM

I cant believe that they think its acceptable to ship sub standard equipment knowing full well this problem exists.

Ive logged a support call - but for now Ive switched of the touch screen on Windows 8 by using this :

http://lifehacker.com/disable-your-laptop-s-touch-screen-in-windows-8-1-1588333600

In the meantime, I'll wait and see what the support is like before I take the machine back and get a full refund for it not being fit for purpose.

Good luck

Options

2 Posts

08-08-2008

CA

14 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 52 of 67

2015-11-10, 13:10 PM

I paid to have Lenovo tech support fix the jumping cursor issue in August .  They said it was an Alps Pointing Device driver issue. They said they loaded the manufacturers driver . (what ever that was). The problem went away and 2 months later it is back again.   **bleep**.  Why wont you publish a fix Lenovo.  I am pretty sure a windows update reloaded the same crap that started the problem. 

I think I am going to throw this thing against a wall and try to claim an accidental damage on my insurance.  I will never be buying another Lenovo Product; 

It is a 15 month new Lenovo Flex 2 Idea Pad.  By far the worst experience I have ever had with a laptop purchase.

Installing properly working drivers or update fixes should not requre a service call to  Lenovo support.  What a big cash grab. 

Options

1 Posts

12-18-2015

united kingdom

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 53 of 67

2015-12-18, 14:00 PM

Hi Lewtech, i have this exact same issue with my X1. did you ever get a fix for this?

thanks

Chris

Options

3 Posts

09-23-2015

United Kingdom

3 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 54 of 67

2015-12-18, 15:19 PM
I didnt get a response - nothing.

The thing wont shut down when I close the lid (so it stays warm in my laptop bag using power

The thing jumps the cursor around to make it unusable (so Ive had to switch the touch screen off and now cant use it as a table)

And the mousepad keys require me to bang on them in order to make the 'click'.

What a piece of **bleep**.

Should be ashamed of themselves for this - but no-one gives a toss.

Options

3 Posts

12-20-2015

Belgium

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 55 of 67

2016-01-27, 19:39 PM

Well here we are in 2016 and I've had this problem with my brand new Yoga 3 since buying it a few months ago. I'll be working away and suddenly find that I've lost focus, ofr the program I was working on has closed down, or a new instance of a browser has been launched in front of whatever I was using ...

Utterly unusable.

Does that make THREE generations of Lenovo's with the same problem? How could they continue to ship hardware with such a problem?

I'm contacting them for my money back. Can anyone recommend a non-Lenovo PC similar in profile and cost to a Yoga 3 14 that DOESN'T suck?

Options

3 Posts

09-23-2015

United Kingdom

3 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 56 of 67

2016-01-27, 19:46 PM

I'm actually issuing court proceedings against PC WORLD here in the UK as they refuse to acknowledge the problem and state it should be a manufacturer repair.

Here in the UK - the sales of goods act determines that if a fault develops before the 6 months is up, then its determined to be present at the time of purchase and therefore you're entitled to a refund or replacement.

So I'm issuing court proceedings next week for a refund.

I have 3 major problems

1. the screen is unusable

2. the thing turns itself on when Im travelling so the battery is used up (plus its mega hot in my bag so a fire risk)

3. The crappy little micro hdmi on the side no longer works.

I hate it when big companies think they can bully the little guy - £900 I paid for this piece of **bleep**.

Court here we come.

Options

3 Posts

12-20-2015

Belgium

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 57 of 67

2016-01-28, 17:32 PM

I created a customer support request and got quite an incredible response: "From my understanding as you have included the link, you are having issues with your trackpad? You've stated that the machine is running Windows 7, did you install this yourself?"

And with that they marked the issue as "Solved".

Yes, with a single inaccurate email they solved this critical hardware problem. Just like that. What geniuses!

I think I'm going to need a lawyer ...

Mathew

Options

1 Posts

01-29-2016

Washington

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Message 58 of 67

2016-01-29, 22:33 PM

I noticed that on another thinkpad a coworker uses, and has no issues with the mouse cursor, is running v1.4 of the touchpad firmware. The laptops that are having issues with the mouse cursor are all running v1.3. It's also running driver version 18.0.7.34. Does anyone know how to update the firmware version?

Options

4 Posts

02-07-2016

United States

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 59 of 67

2016-02-07, 9:56 AM

Put me down as one more with the same problem.  Hello Lenovo returns? Money back, please.  My old Dell Inspiron held up really well for five years.  I'll go back to Dell as soon as Lenovo gives me my money back.  

I'll also be getting in touch with the credit card company that I used to buy the computer.  All this talk about "purchase protection" from all of them.  Let's see how well that works!

Options

7 Posts

02-06-2015

Indiana

6 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 60 of 67

2016-02-19, 6:26 AM

Sent my Garbage(tpy s1) in 3 times. No fix.

I've had the erratic mouse cursor on Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 7 Pro...with and without antivirus installed.  I'm currently running W7 Pro and discovered a work around.

I go into Device Manager-System Devices and I disable then reenable Synaptics SMBus Driver.  It stops the erratic cursor immediately and everything works just fine....?

Anyway. that's what works for mine.  Too bad Lenovo can't fix it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete