11-25-2014

United States

23 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 1 of 2

Trackpad issue

2015-07-21, 7:13 AM

I'm sure that this question has been asked on this forum before, but I can't find a solution. So please direct me!

My trackpad and trackpoint on my S1 Thinkpad Yoga randomly stop working. Sometimes the cursor disappears, sometimes not. Sometimes closing the lid and reopening it (logging back in after sleep) bring the trackpad functionality back. Sometimes not. Sometimes restarting fixes it. Sometimes not. 

I have seen Yoga (non thinkpad) owners complaining about a service called "YMC," which apparently turns off the mouse and keyboard when the device is rotated, causing this behavior. But I don't have such a service on my Thinkpad Yoga, so am stumped as to how to address this.

Please help!

Options

1251 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Trackpad issue

2015-07-21, 12:17 PM

Dear jonklaus

Thank You For Contacting Lenovo.

Kindly try to update the touch pad driver by uninstalling the driver from thr device manager and reinstall it using the link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga/downloads/DS034647

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms