Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

12-31-2012

USA

71 Signins

341 Page Views

• Views: 341
  • Message 1 of 3

Twist Recommended? Over Yoga?

2012-12-31, 23:06 PM

I have spent a lot of time reading on the forum about the Yoga because having a combo laptop/tablet is appealing but have decided to hold off on the Yoga just because I will use whatever I get daily and I have concerns about it holding up (especially the paint peeling/chipping reports...).

I know that the twist memory is not upgradable but with price being $200-$300 less than the Yoga and it at least appearing to be more sturdy, I am considering it.

What's the general consensus on the Twist?  You guy like yours?  Major concerns?

Options

22 Posts

12-19-2012

Canada

41 Signins

344 Page Views

• Views: 344
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Twist Recommended? Over Yoga?

2013-01-01, 16:23 PM

My previous Dell Inspiron broke down during my trip to Europe.  Couldn't wait for Yoga, so I went for Twist. Terrible decision.  Here are my pains:

1. Terrible battery life.  3 hours instead of "up to 7 hours" as Lenovo claims. This has been confirmed by many people on this forum.

2. My touch screen is not at all responsive.  It used to be more responsive but after some upgrade, I couldn't do much with it.  Now I'm 99.99% using keyboard and mouse.

3. Problem with "sleep/wake" issue.  Quite a few times I put Twist to sleep, put it in my backpack, only to find out a few hours later that it was not at all sleeping.  Got really, really hot.

4. Some of the system updates failed without reason. Just received notice of being "deferred".

5. Constantly warning me of system issues, such as "unknown devices" but wont allow or offer any solution.  And couldn't find out what those "unknown devices" are through device manager.

6. HOT. Twist can get quite hot if you were to let it sit on your lap for a while. Wear long pants, if you want to use it on your lap.

7. Connection.  Wireless has been very spotty.  Losing connection for no apparent reason. And often fail to load webpages on first attempt.

The more I talk about this the more my blood boil.  Anyway, hope your choice would be better than mine.

This is the first and last time that I buy Lenovo.

Options

12 Posts

12-31-2012

USA

71 Signins

341 Page Views

• Views: 341
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Twist Recommended? Over Yoga?

2013-01-01, 17:53 PM

Ouch, sorry you have had soo much trouble.  I think that all I have read about the poor battery life is enough to keep me away.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms