02-24-2013

Canada

11 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 61 of 229

Re: WiFi connectivity issue - ThinkPad Twist

2013-02-24, 1:04 AM

I just received my brand new Twist 3347CTO (i7 with 2x2 Broadcom WLAN) and I have major wireless connectivity problems right from the get go.  Did a Windows 8 refresh and all updates including all Lenovo updates.  Feb 4 Broadcom WLAN driver updated, yet I still get frequent dropped connections, major packet loss, slow speeds.  Other laptops with Atheros 9002WB and Intel 5100 AGN WLAN cards have no problems maintaining wireless internet connection.

Options

615 Posts

12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Views: 8131
  • Message 62 of 229

2013-02-25, 3:14 AM

Hi sparhawk909,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Are all your drivers updated?

If so, have you tried to roll back to older driver versions or tried in compatibility mode?

What router are you using?

Be AWESOME Everyday!

Donate KUDOS and Click "Accepted Solution"

Did someone help you today?
Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

3 Posts

02-25-2013

Moscow

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 63 of 229

2013-02-25, 6:09 AM

I have a really disturbing Wi-Fi connectivity issue as well:

1) Major packet loss (up to 90-100% one meter away from a router)

2) Unbearably slow browsing speeds, mostly due to packet loss, I reckon

It looks like rebooting the laptop fixes packet loss for some time, but I haven't tested this extensively.

I have a Lenovo B580 (Model 20144, P/N 59350894) running factory-installed Windows 8 x64.

The wifi module is a Broadcom 1x1 11b/g/n with the latest driver (6.30.59.36). The system is up to date with all available updates installed, and there's no custom software installed that could interfere with wifi performance, the system is almost clean except for basic stuff like Chrome, Skype, Winrar etc.

The router is a D-Link DIR-655 running stock 1.35 firmware and mostly default settings (n band available). The router serves numerous other devices with no issues whatsoever. I've tested the laptop within one meter range from the router, and futher.

I strongly suspect that this is purely a software issue, most likely a wifi driver issue, although it can be more complicated than that.

This is really frustrating, making the laptop completely unusable at times, so I urge you to look into the issue and release a fix as soon as possible.

Options

2 Posts

02-24-2013

Canada

11 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 64 of 229

2013-02-26, 0:02 AM

I have solved this issue by completely uninstalling the Lenovo Feb 4 Broadcom 2x2 ABGN driver and using the Windows 8 default Microsoft Broadcom 802.11n WLAN autodetected driver.

My wireless router is a Motorola SURFboard SBG6580.

Options

615 Posts

12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Message 65 of 229

2013-02-26, 2:54 AM

hi delicious,

Have you tried any of the fixes from this thread?

Are all the drivers updated?

Some people on the Broadcom WLAN card have used the intel drivers and PROSet Wireless with much success.

Also, have you tested your Twist on other networks (i.e. McDonald's, Starbucks, work, friend's house, etc...)?

Be AWESOME Everyday!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

615 Posts

12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Message 66 of 229

2013-02-26, 3:06 AM

Hi sparhawk909,

So rolling back the driver worked for you?

What driver version does Windows autodetect?

Since you installed that driver have there been any drops; how is your connection speed; how is your signal strength; did you have to change any security settings?

I'm glad rolling back worked for you.

Thank you for sharing, the community will benefit from this info.

Be AWESOME Everyday!

Options

3 Posts

02-25-2013

Moscow

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 67 of 229

2013-02-26, 15:02 PM

dmckenzies,

I have a B580, not a Twist, so I should probably be poting to this thread instead...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T530-wifi-problem-WAN-Miniport-Network-monitor-2-problem/td-p/934283/

Well, quite a few threads to choose from, should I say.. ;)

I haven't tried anything except for updating the drivers from different sources. I might try installing a previous driver version later. Might take it to a coffee shop as well, but it's a bit of an inconvenience at the moment.

Options

615 Posts

12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Message 68 of 229

2013-02-27, 3:52 AM

Hi delicious,

forum_02262013.JPG

Indeed there are a lot...:smileyvery-happy:

When you do run through some tests let us know.

There seem to be a lot of fixes that vary from system to system.

We'd like to know what worked for you.

Good Luck!

Be AWESOME Everyday!

Options

26 Posts

10-29-2009

UK

122 Signins

733 Page Views

• Views: 733
  • Message 69 of 229

2013-02-27, 14:17 PM

There are indeed a lot of complaints, dmckenzies. To be frank, I am getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of help from Lenovo on wifi connectivity issues (though I accept the issue seems widespread across all manufacturers' products). If you look through the Lenovo community pages there are literally thousands of posts on this issue over the past year or so. They seem to relate almost wholly to laptops and include both Broadcom and Intel wireless cards. But I am more confused than ever now. Maybe my latest experience will help, maybe not.

I bought a cheap Lenovo idea C340 All-in-One yesterday and found that it's Broadcom card worked perfectly in exactly the same three places I failed to obtain a stable wifi connection with two different Lenovo Twists costing over twice as much. Given all-in-ones have the same form factor in some ways as a laptop (meaning for example the antennae are presumably in the same sort of position wrapped around the screen) I wondered why this PC worked where the Twists didn't. However, I see that, according to Inssider3, the signal strength received by all three new Lenovo machines was only just over half that received by my old faithful T400 and an even older Lenovo laptop, and even my wife's ancient Dell PC. However, my new C340 desktop did register a very slightly higher signal strength than the Twists. I wonder if the use of lower voltages in laptops has some impact?

Of course, unfortunately while that might explain why desktop PCs/towers etc. are less prone to this problem than laptops that does not explain why some new laptops' wifi cards work perfectly in exactly the same conditions where others fail, or why some buyers find no issues with wifi connectivity using the same machines that drive others to distraction. I think the answer for consumers is to purchase from places where you are sure you can take back a machine that does not work in your circumstances, because there seems to be no logical way of making a rational evidence-based purchasing decision. At present the reseller I purchased from is trying not to take back my second replacement Twist because they say Lenovo will not credit them if they so do.

Options

18 Posts

03-05-2013

stuttgart

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 70 of 229

2013-03-05, 14:22 PM
hi, i can not install driver version higher than this. 15.4.0.11 i allways get the message that a newer driver is already installed. could you provide the driver inf data? at the moment i have a stable connection with the driver above, but i have to put off blutooth,gps.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms