12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Views: 8131
  • Message 81 of 229

Re: WiFi connectivity issue - ThinkPad Twist

2013-03-06, 20:44 PM

Bluetooth and WiFi conflicts are not isolated to one product manufacturer.

It's a commonly known concept with computers and something that happens because the signals are in close proximity using the same resources.

In the user guide and hardware maintenance manual it referes to how using both at the same time will cause performance to decreases of one or the other.

Here is a document regarding the topic and another document on wireless troubleshooting.

Be AWESOME Everyday!

Donate KUDOS and Click "Accepted Solution"

Did someone help you today?
Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

18 Posts

03-05-2013

stuttgart

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 82 of 229

2013-03-06, 22:19 PM

It's a commonly known concept with computers and something that happens because the signals are in close proximity using the same resources.

In the user guide and hardware maintenance manual it referes to how using both at the same time will cause performance to decreases of one or the other.

this answear is a  confession of incompetence.knowing about a problem and not finding a solution put shame on the lenovo developing department. customer where used for betatesting.

Options

3 Posts

03-07-2013

USA, Wisconsin

10 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 83 of 229

2013-03-07, 16:58 PM

I received my Thinkpad Twist two days ago. At first everything was great as I set it up and then started to download the auto-updates. After that I started having terrible connection problems.  I have a total of 5 other devices running off my home network.  All functioned perfectly except for the Twist. I had made sure the network adapter drivers was the latest , which according to Microsoft it is. I tried re-setting the router etc. to no avail.

My model number is S230u purchased from an online retailer.

After finding this thread I tried turning off the Bluetooth via the device manager/drivers. This seems to have cured my connection issues.

My questions are this.  Is lenovo working on a solution for this problem. I  do not feel I should have to disable certain functions for a brand new , expensive(for me at at least) machine?

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions or solutions to this aggravating problem.

Options

26 Posts

10-29-2009

UK

122 Signins

733 Page Views

• Views: 733
  • Message 84 of 229

2013-03-08, 13:30 PM

dmkenzies, I agree with kikikoschi's sentiments. Bluetooth/wifi interference may be 'commonly known' but firstly it is the producer's problem, not the consumers,' and secondly, it seems to have a worse impact on recent Lenovo laptops than other manufacturers or older Lenovo machines. Moreover it depends on which interferes with which? I can live with occasional 10 second disconnects of my Bluetooth mouse - a couple of swipes around the mouse mat and it's back connected. I cannot live with wifi dropping out to the point of needing a reboot to either the wifi card or the PC when working using the internet or online media. Anyway, the good news for me is my reseller has agreed to honour their legal obligations to take back my last replacement Twist for a full refund irrespective of any refusal by Lenovo to support their resellers when they do so comply with local law. Full marks to the reseller, full marks to the various helpful contributors to this forum, less than full marks to Lenovo. I shall now buy an even more upmarket convertible as that form factor suits my business needs. Who knows, it may with some trepidation and not a little regret even be a Lenovo, in which case I may be back at some point to these forums - will I never learn!  

Options

18 Posts

03-05-2013

stuttgart

20 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 85 of 229

2013-03-08, 17:18 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the problem is back, even with bluetooth off.when the power goes low. did someone have the same ongoing problem???
Options

6 Posts

03-09-2013

United States

8 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 86 of 229

2013-03-09, 21:03 PM

I too have this problem. Come on, Lenovo!

Thinkpad from 5 years ago (broken hinge but otherwise still works) never loses a connection.

Wife's new Thinkpad from 2 years ago - intermittently drops off wifi.

New Twist I've had for a couple months - loses its connection at least once an hour.

This is very disconcerting - how can years of experience producing quality hardware exhibit such deterioration?

:smileysad:

edit:

-What wireless router are you connecting to? DLINK-825 with latest firmware applied
-What WLAN card are you using? Whoah... I have the Broadcom apparently. Could have sworn I ordered Intel...
-And, do any other devices connect to the network? Yes, various mobile devices that I have shut off while troubleshooting. Symptoms occur even when Twist is the only device on.

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2013

Canada

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 87 of 229

2013-03-11, 3:22 AM

Hello,

After ordering my Lenovo twist on Boxing day, it finally arrived over a month later, and had this wifi issue.

I had to send it back and get a replacement - waiting till just a few days ago to get the replacement - to find the exact same issue.

Has Lenovo created a solution to this problem yet, or should I just give up on this laptop and company?

Options

1 Posts

02-27-2013

California, USA

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 88 of 229

2013-03-11, 4:35 AM

I installed the Broadcom wlan driver from the HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-109700-1

and my internet has been stable all day, everyday, for more than a week so far. (I don't know if I can post a link to that website or not, and I'm sorry if I can't. I just googled "Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 8")

I have a broadcom wlan card and a cisco-based router. I hope this works for you, and good luck if it doesn't. 

Options

2651 Posts

03-21-2012

Malaysia

2405 Signins

55976 Page Views

• Views: 55976
  • Message 89 of 229

2013-03-11, 8:26 AM

Hi all,

thanks posting your concerns, Our teams are still investigating this issue at the moment a lot of factors are being looked into. Currently I would like to know how many of you are using the Netgear router and other routers respectively? Previously our teams had worked with a Customer which faced more or less the same issues you did and it was determined that it was an environment issue. 

If you let me know on which routers you currently own that would be great at least that would assist the team further in diagnosing this faster. 

Hope to hear back. 

Regards

Options

12 Posts

06-21-2011

Romania

44 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 90 of 229

2013-03-11, 8:57 AM

D-Link DIR-615 here.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms