Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-04-2014

United States

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 20CD - Mouse movements inconsistent and difficult to control

2014-06-04, 18:04 PM
I have a Thinkpad Yoga 20CD with stylus touchscreen running Windows 8.1. I am having issues controlling the cursor with the mouse and the touchpad. When using a mouse one of two things happen. Either there is a significant delay for the computer to react to a mouse click (such as selecting a cell in Excel), or the cursor movement does not follow the mouse and becomes hyper-sensitive making it difficult to select tools in a program. This happens in a wide variety of programs. This also occurs whether connected to the OneDock Pro or not. A second issue occurs when using the machine disconnected from the dock. When typing, the cursor will often jump to another location and continue the text entry in the new location. I have turned off the touchpad setting with windows and the problem still occurs, so it is not related to accidentally touching the touchpad.
Options

5 Posts

06-01-2014

Tokyo, Japan

19 Signins

197 Page Views

• Views: 197
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 20CD - Mouse movements inconsistent and difficult to control

2014-06-07, 2:06 AM
Try updating all your drivers with Lenovo System Update and see if the issue persists.
Options

3 Posts

06-04-2014

United States

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-06-09, 15:55 PM

Thanks.  I have been in touch with Lenovo support a number of times and have updated everything.  No one there seems to be able to find the issue.  Have also had the touchpad changed twice without success.  Have a tech support call again tomorrow and suspect that they will be looking at drivers again.

Options

7 Posts

02-06-2015

Indiana

6 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-02-06, 22:05 PM

I thought it was a Windows 8 issue so I blanked the harddrive and I loaded Windows 7 Pro and  the same happens.  Mouse jumps all over the place!!

I would never spend a nickle of my own $$$ with Lenovo after this.  Here it is Feburaury 2015 and there is still no fix!!!

Seems like Lenovo has had erratic mouse issues for years.

Has your's been fixed?

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)