09-10-2020

CO

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 520 14ikb, charging problems

2020-09-10, 14:45 PM

Hello, I have a problem, my yoga only charges when it is off or in hibernate mode also when it is on and I plug the charger in, the conected icon starts to appear and disappear but then suddenly it stop and then the power button starts to blinking at the same frecuency of the orange charging led.

I've tried to disconect the battery and use the laptop plugged  in, so I think it is not the charger, I've updated the Bios and also I've  uninstalled the ac drivers, and every still the same.

Options

724 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

78 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Yoga 520 14ikb, charging problems

2020-09-11, 8:14 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

Please try the following:

Disconnect the charger from the laptop, and the wall.  

Make sure the laptop is powered off, then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.

Reconnect the charger to the laptop, then the wall.

Now try to start your computer.

If that helped, great, else try the following:

i will suggest resetting the BIOS settings, which can be done the following way, , you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual),  

You can use, for example a paperclip to press it, after you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small  

menu, use the arrow keys to select BIOS Setup, and press the enter key to select.

Now use the arrow key right to go to the tab called "Exit" then use arrow down key to highlight "Load Default Settings", then press  

enter, and then use arow key up to highlight "Exit Saving Changes", press enter, then press enter again to aknowledge saving, now let  

the computer boot, and see if this changes anything.

If that worked, great, else try this:

Write down the percentage the battery is at, then do the following:

Make sure your laptop is off, by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

You need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual), there is a small hole, with a button inside,  

You can use for example, a paperclip to press it, after you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small  

menu, use the arrow keys to select BIOS Setup, and press the enter key to select.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete