06-22-2020

US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

battery threshold thinkpad yoga s1 20C0 dissapeared & not working

2020-06-22, 17:23 PM

The option to set the battery threshold for my Thinkpad yoga s1 Yoga Laptop Type 20C0 dissapeared. 

The option is just completely missing. And i had and used it for years.

I looked at various threads, installed various older versions of Lenovo Vantage,  which seemed to have solved similar problems for others with other laptops. 

But it did not work out for me. 

The oldest version i could find online was  Discovery_4.27.32.0.zip i could install it, but no battery threshold. 

I also tried installing the Lenovo Vantage enterprize edition like described here: https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/view/2578/4498027

Still no battery threshold.

I think to remember that this even worked before i ever used Lenovo vantage.  I was looking for an old version of Lenovo settings or of the companion, but i could not find it .

And i have the feeling this is not by accident. There are various forum posts linking to older versions  of Lenovo settings. But all original links have been Hijacked to newer versions. 

For example: here and here. If someone still has an old installer it would be great. 

I would especially be interested in an installer of Lenovo Settings version 3.169.0.0!

Actually i do not care about Lenovo Vantage, i just want some option to set the battery charging threshold, as i always had.

Going to the driver options on the support page of the s1 there is no powermanager driver. 

Could someone maybe please tell me what to do. What drivers do i need? What versions do i need? 

are there still older versions than 2018 somewhere?

Without  the charging threshold the battery will be trashed in a year or so. 

Although this might have been the intention of the update, i would like to save the live of my beloved Yoga. 

Options

494 Posts

09-27-2019

CN

394 Signins

7322 Page Views

• Views: 7322
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:battery threshold thinkpad yoga s1 20C0 dissapeared & not working

2020-06-23, 3:02 AM

hi

Does your device support new Vantage version? The old Enterprise version has been out of our maintenance time. If your device could support new vantage version. If you try following steps.

1. uninstall Lenovo vantage service & Lenovo vantage from Apps & features of windows settings, 

2.Open "Device Manager" --> Find [COMPUTER NAME] --> "System devices" --> "System Interface Foundation V2 Device" --> right click, select the popup menu item "Uninstall Device", make sure the "Delete the driver software for this device." 

3.reinstall Lenovo vantage from windows store, 

4.launch Lenovo vantage, the vantage service will be installed automatically

5. Download IMC from https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds105970

and then you can install IMC.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete