Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-04-2013

au

5 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

e s430 GPU problem!!!!!

2013-04-04, 14:37 PM

Hello,

i have a problem with my s430  gt 620m,  i cannot open the nvidia control panel. when i click it in the control panel, it

shows"You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU".   in the begining , i thought it was the driver problem , so i download the newest driver from lenovo website and installed on my s430. hoever ,The problem not fixed

and  i sent it to the lenovo repair centre last week, they told me the error is not physical problem(the graphic card is ok ), and they re-image my hard drive  and told me problem fixed.

Today when i recieved my s430 , i was so upset, and disappointed with lenovo.  the problem is not fixed they just hide the icoin of nividia at the Notification Area Icons.  when i click the button in control panel .......................

anyway ,  can some one tell me how to fix this problem? the graphic card is identified by the laptop,  but i can't configure it through the nvidia control panel.

best regards

ps : is it possible to return this laptop , i really hate it now.

Options

27 Posts

10-31-2012

France

39 Signins

269 Page Views

• Views: 269
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: e s430 GPU problem!!!!!

2015-01-10, 12:14 PM

I think I might have the same problem. In my case, the Nvidia control panel does not open because Windows has deactivated the graphics card. I find this error message in the Device Manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The graphics card used to work fine until a recent Windows (8.1 64-bit) reinstall. I have tried many different drivers from Nvidia. Lenovo does not list the driver for this card in its support page.

------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge s430 - Intel Core i5-3210M (3M Cache, 2.50 GHz), 1600x900 screen resolution, NVIDIA N13P-GLP Graphics 2GB, 8 GB DDR3, 500 GB HDD @ 7200 rpm, micro SSD 16 GB, Windows 8 Pro
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms