Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

United States of America

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 3

yoga x1, cursor erratic, jumps about, disappears when near click point

2020-09-09, 15:33 PM

I have 2nd gen x1 yoga, win 10. Having horrible time trying to get cursor under control. It's erratic, jumps about, suddently disappears when near click point, very difficult to pull forward or capture. I've done a complete system restore, wiping all files. I done deep scans and sent to Bitdefender and unhackme to see if I had virus or trojan. Both returned negative. I've done various 'fixes' of both trackpoint and pad, adjusting settings, suggested by Youtube and forums, none of which have solved the problem. Drivers are all up to date according to Properties and are working properly. So if it isn't a virus and windows has been reset to original factory specs and driver hardware is working, what's up? 

here's how it behaves. on startup Lenovo screen ok, then when shifts to win 10 startup before sign in, suddenly a tiny point with crosshairs jumps wildly about, appearing and disappearing which didn't happen when laptop was working properly. This sometimes accompanied by spnning wheel indicating computer is processing start up. After I sign in by fingerprint, pointed crosshairs continue in same way. Eventually after a few minutes I can get a cursor to appear, this alternates with crosshair, disappearing and jumping about. All with wifi off. Sometimes 10 minutes later I can use the trackpoint cursor as normal. But then suddenly I lose control and can grab and drag it, with some effort, toward a click point but then just before I can get it into a box to click, it jerks to side of screen and I have to try to recapture and repeat the same problem.  Sometimes after fighting this for 20 minutes, trackpoint starts controling cursor like it used to. 

I'm still under warranty if its a hardware issue, but I'm baffled how my wonderful yoga is now a worthless piece of junk. Apple or Dell here I come. 

Options

12313 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40495 Signins

427309 Page Views

• Views: 427309
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:yoga x1, cursor erratic, jumps about, disappears when near click point

2020-09-09, 16:28 PM

I think the touch screen digitizer has failed.  It sounds like hardware.  Call for service.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

United States of America

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:yoga x1, cursor erratic, jumps about, disappears when near click point

2020-09-09, 16:48 PM

thanks, I'll contact them. Horrible thing is I'm in France. And FRENCH LENOVO is the absolute worst. Even on top of France's devout reputaton for poor service. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms