Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keiobrie
What's DOS?
Views: 16,081
Message 1 of 11

0187 EAIA Data access error Lenovo Twist

When the error happend the systemboard was replaced (0187 EAIA Data access error on startup), and the error came back up again.  Replaced the systemboard again and the error persists.  Can't update eprom serial information because of this error.  I currently have about 6 machines doing the same thing, and was wondering if anyone else had experianced this issue?

toma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,623
Message 2 of 11

Re: 0187 EAIA Data access error Lenovo Twist

I get the same error on a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad S540 (+-1 month old). Besides that first issue I'm also getting these errors:

2200: Machine Type and Serial Number are invalid

2201: Machine UUID is invalid

These occur together and only in about one out of every ten boots.

Curious what's wrong here.

keiobrie
What's DOS?
Views: 15,603
Message 3 of 11

In my case it ended up being the ribbon cable for the TouchPad. Looks like wires were crossing. If the cable was unplugged it would boot fine.
wuqiuyue
What's DOS?
Views: 13,873
Message 4 of 11

How did you solve this problem? I'm getting these errors too and it's so annoying. Also my touchpad stopped working.
luuuuukas
What's DOS?
Views: 13,679
Message 5 of 11

Similar problem here. Have you found any solution?

Many thanks,

Luke

mozartpc27
What's DOS?
Views: 13,080
Message 6 of 11

So, two days ago my Thinkpad Twist shut down without warning.  As it is out of waranty, I decided to take it apart and start tinkering.  After taking the entire thing apart, I discovered that simply unpluging and reseating the battery connector was enough to solve the problem.

However, upon putting the machine back together, I started getting the problem described above.  After some research, I found this page, disconnected the track pad, and that resolved the boot errors.  I then updated all the Lenovo software I could think of and the BIOS, hit the reset button on the underside of the machine, then reconnected the trackpad and fired it up.  With the trackpad connected, I no longer get the errors - but it still doesn't work, and niether does the "nipple" thing in the middle (which is my preferred method for interacting with the machine anyway).

Any ideas?

The Solution Center recognizes that the TrackPad is not working correctly and when I go into the devices menu and check out the TrackPad info, it displays this error message:

"This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)."

Mutato-Seattle
What's DOS?
Views: 10,878
Message 7 of 11

I have many units that have this error. You need to change the system board. I want to know what causes it? I know that it has something to do with the touchpad. (Shorting out?) If disconnect TP it will not give error.
Bruksa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,304
Message 8 of 11

Thank you very much. I had the same issue after I've had to unplug the touchpad ribbon cable several times. Wires were crossing, putting them in place and separating them with needle solved the problem.
asaintraint
Punch Card
Views: 6,567
Message 9 of 11

did you solve this? I have the same problem, and it is driving me nuts !!!!

Kevin_Soosaar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,451
Message 10 of 11

Hi!

I'm new in this forum, sorry for my bad english! I have same problem with my Lenovo X61S. I've traded it for older thinkpad and this x61s had bios password and hdd password. I replaced the EEPROM chip and had no password requests. Few days later it started showing me error 0187 and 0191. Can't get rid of them and cannot go into a boot menu to flash new bios. So I decided to throw it away or just scrap & sell. Some people sayed that I should replace motherboard but i really like that laptop alot.

Please help me out with this!!!

Top Kudoed Authors