Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amedeux
Paper Tape
Views: 15,273
Message 1 of 6

1802 Unauthorized network card without installing a new card. Lenovo yoga 260

Hi,

due to a problem with the screen turning black in tablet mode I've opened the case on a newly acquired (a refurbished model) Lenovo Yoga 260 to check for cable connection.

I did not touch any circuit/ chip/ component, apart from gently nudging the screen connection cable.

Upon the following reboot the system was halted on this error:

"1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card."

I tried this solution without success.

If I unplug the Wlan board everything works as expected. If I plug it back the same error is thrown.

Could you suggest a solution?

Also, where can I find a list of whitelisted wlan adapters for Lenovo Yoga 260. May be they've installed a non whitelisted one on this refurbished system, although it would not make sense for it to throw the error just after opening the case.

Thanks for any help.

All the best.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,267
Message 2 of 6

Re: 1802 Unauthorized network card without installing a new card. Lenovo yoga 260

Welcome to the Community

Do you remember the symbols at the end of the string with error 1802? 4 groups of 4 symbols each, via slash? At least two first groups?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

amedeux
Paper Tape
Views: 15,257
Message 3 of 6

Re: 1802 Unauthorized network card without installing a new card. Lenovo yoga 260

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

It is a plain error without additional indications:
"1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card.
System is halted"

So there are no symbols at the end of the string with error 1802 (I've just double checked to be sure).

EDIT

Also, the wireless card is a EM7455 which seems to be whitelisted as per the system service parts document

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,244
Message 4 of 6

Device IDs missing at the end of the string might mean the card isn't recognized properly by some reason.

Since the issue hasn't gone after BIOS reset you performed, default BIOS settings loading and the wireless card reset might help. To do this:
- there is a risk since you aren't able to disable the battery pack in the BIOS Setup with this error. So, the manipulations with either connected or not disabled battery or with a wireless card while the battery is connected or enabled are at your choice
- remove the wlan card (am I right it's a wlan card exactly, not a wwan one?). Both the charger (1) and battery pack (2) should be unplugged, of course
- enter the BIOS Setup, load default settings, save them, disable the Wireless LAN port (Security menu, I/O Port Access), save, boot laptop
- enter the BIOS Setup, disable internal battery pack, laptop will power off, unplug the charger, insert the card, boot laptop
- enter the BIOS Setup, enable the Wireless LAN port, save, try to boot

Regarding the BIOS white list: on this laptop the WLAN devices wl persists but isn't active. At least in the BIOSs up to v.1.68 I checked out.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

amedeux
Paper Tape
Views: 15,235
Message 5 of 6

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

The issue was the WLAN card, and your solution worked. The system now boots.

Thank you ever so much for that!

I've noticed it's running Bios version is 1.69, is there a way to know whether wl is active on that one?
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,230
Message 6 of 6

I didn't check that out, but no doubt its wlan devices related part is inactive as earlier.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors