Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Xekresis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 692
Message 1 of 3

2 Thinkpad S540 Problems

Hello dear Lenovo Community,

my first problem is Wifi connection. I nearly get no Signal. If i am sitting 2 meters away from the router i have 1 bar and if i put it directly onto the router i get 3/4 bars. In my room it doesn't find any wifi at all. I heard this is a common issue so there might be a fix for that.

My next problem is the boot process. It shows me the Thinkpad Logo for like 5-8 seconds before it even starts to boot. I've tried erasing the ssd, updating the bios and resetting the bios to defauls. Nothing helped.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 680
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 Thinkpad S540 Problems

Welcome to the Community

Regarding the wifi issue. Are you able to disassemble the laptop (remove base cover)? The wlan antennas wires can be routed with too sharp angles, this decreases the sensitivity dramatically. Just reroute them, straighten the angles. Also, check out the wires connectivity correctness.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Xekresis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 664
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2 Thinkpad S540 Problems

Thanks, i'll try that. The long boot time still sucks tho

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors