Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EOM
What's DOS?
Views: 2,842
Message 1 of 3

2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

I had a bigger hard drive installed on my ThinkPad T550. I decided to do this because a big Windows 10 update could not be installed because the original hard drive was full.

After this I started getting crashes, either the HDD0 detection error or a blue screen. I took the laptop back to the technician a couple of times, he first removed the foil that had been around the original drive, then added it back etc.

At some point I ran CCleaner and let it remove all the files it found. This seemed to have resolved the issue.

Today, which is a couple of weeks after I first ran CCleaner, I suddenly got the HDD0 crash again. When I restarted the computer, there was a big Windows 10 update waiting. I installed it, but the computer kept crashing.

I then ran CCleaner again. It found a dozen files to removed, for Edge, IE etc. (which I don't use). I let it remove those files and  since then the computer has been stable again.

I lost a lot of time because of this error and presumed it was caused by a hardware issue, but it turns out it was simply a Windows 10 update problem. I hope this solution helps someone!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,818
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

A detection error occurs at power-up and means the drive did not respond quickly enough.  It wouldn't matter if the drive was completely empty or completely full.  I would make sure I had a good, current backup.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CilP
What's DOS?
Views: 2,271
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

How do you use cleaner when you can't even post?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors